Random pics of Sophie at play. She's 20 months old now and continuing to learn/say/do new things at an incredible rate.
The rest of this post is a M.O.B. post. (My Own Benefit). This will help me remember how she started 2009! :)
Some of my favorite things that she says now are "pretty cool!", "I don't think so" (typically after I ask her if she pooped), and just how she is talking more in complete sentences. Those prepositions and conjunctions are creeping into her speech now! For example, she used to say "out" and now says "out of bed." She used to say "some" and that has become "I want some" or even "I need some." My least favorites? "No!" and when SHE tells ME to "stop it." I don't think so, little missy!
Things she loves to do: Read books, watch her shows (almost anything now, but she really likes Winnie the Pooh, Thomas, and Mickey Mouse), have tea parties with the Wonder Pets, push her babies in her stroller, play with her Little People town, sit at our messy desk and use my earbuds while watching Baby Ori's video...you probably get the idea. She's a busy girl!
Funny things: She counts like this just about every time you ask her to count something, even if there are only like two things: "1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" She can spell her name but usually just bursts out randomly with "H-I-E! Sophie!" So, she's very good at the end of things. :)
Little Miss Independent: They had to come--the days where we hear "I do it!" and "Sophie do it!" and "My turn!" She really tries hard to read books on her own. It's pretty cute. She'll name everything she knows on the page, or just speak gibberish and finish with something she knows. She also has some books close to memorized and if I stop reading she'll say the next word. Fun! She also sometimes likes helping me with things, like cleaning windows/counters, etc. or baking.
I'm happy to be her mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment