Thursday, February 5, 2009

library tour

This post has an exciting name, doesn't it?

The new Andover library has open for several months now and I just love taking Sophie there! We go to a "Baby and Me" class that Sophie has just about outgrown but it's still wonderful--the librarian who leads it is so nice and I've met some fun moms there. That's right, fun moms go to the library on Monday mornings.

Anyway, here are some pictures, mostly of the children's area:
Sophie looks so tiny under the book...arch...thing.


This just makes me happy! I always loved going to the Newton library when I was little (minus having to ride in the scary elevator). This is much more inviting.


See that puzzle table on the right? That's Sophie's favorite hangout spot.

The "Early Computer Literacy Station" or something to that effect. Sophie just saw Elmo.
There are also lots of cake pans to check out, tons of audio books and regular books, a computer room, and a coffee shop which is calling my name. Let us know if you want to come along!

1 comment:

Lacie and Stephen said...

Sophie is getting so big. She is so beautiful! She seems so smart and inquisitive. There is just something about that Elmo, isn't there? My daughter is only 5 months old. From the time she could see the tv clear enough, she was laughing at Elmo! She to this day finds him fun! It is good to see you and your family are doing so well!