Friday, February 19, 2010

Sophie's First Story


Tonight while I was working, Nathan helped Sophie start her own book on sheets of white paper stapled together. It's called "Aurora and Snow White and Belle and Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella." I am hoping she'll illustrate it tomorrow because it's an awesome story. :) Here's what she said, word for word:
Once upon a dream, Kansas.
A storm came. And thunder and lightning. That's when the storm came.
The sun! The clouds!
The princess Aurora went to Maleficent's castle to get Prince Philip out of there and stop Maleficent...with a bonfire.
Prince Philip and Aurora ran away from the castle. Then they made a Valentine's Day.
Cinderella climbed and climbed, but that mountain was slippery.
And Snow White ran away to her animal friends.
Then the huntsman came and he tried to say "Run away!" but it couldn't be.
The dragon is Maleficent.
I'm not a princess yet. The end.
****************************************
Don't you just love it?

10 comments:

Tyler and Gillian said...

This made me laugh so much! What a cutie!

Lindsey Claassen said...

Perhaps she'll be a writer someday! My little sis wrote stories all day long and when she was in fourth grade she had her first book published including book signings and royalties! : ) Now she has a masters in professional writing. I'm pretty sure Taryn would be a big fan of Sophie's debut book! Made me smile!

Jennifer said...

So cute!

Michele said...

When does this go on sell?! That is so sweet I am looking forward to moments like that! Hope all is going well. Talia seems like such a great and easy going baby...if not just lie to me! :)

Natalie said...

Love it!! :) That is too cute

Utecht Family said...

Pretty sure she got your creative writing skills! It was excellent! :)

Julie said...

So cute! She is just like you. :) Your stories were always so creative and amazing. Maybe Talia will be more like me? hehe. She'll just sit in awe and watch Sophie write, draw, and color just like I did with you. She'll try to write her own stories too, but they won't be quite as cool. ha!

Love you!

jen christians said...

That was amazing!!! She does better at gathering ideas than most of our first graders. Way to go Sophie... I can't wait to see the pictures.

Jamie and Joy George said...

I laughed, then shared it w/ my coworkers!! Too funny. She's awesome, Shar.
This could be the start to her becoming a great writer!!
I'm glad you guys are embracing it and encouraging it - what great parents.

Anonymous said...

I came acroos your blog and I just could not help but comment on this story. It is so cute and I am now a grandmother but I always have kept everything my kids ever made and now on to my grandchildren. I can not gt enough of children telling stories. Thank you for posting this it made me laugh. I just sit and vision little kids telling their stories.