Everyone loves the Pioneer Woman. (Don't know who she is? Check out her link on the right--fun!) I love her writing, photography, recipes, etc. and think it would be fun to be that talented. But there can only be one PW, and I'm fine with that.


Here is what you can get from Sharla Boccia though! :) A summery dessert recipe, courtesy of my grandma, who is quite the fabulous cook herself.
LEMON BARS
Crust:
1 c. softened butter
2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. softened butter
2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
Combine and press into ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Lemon Part:
5 T fresh lemon juice
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
dash of salt
Mix together and then fold in 1/4 c. flour and 1 tsp. baking powder.
Pour onto hot crust and bake 25 minutes longer. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 dozen. 
Ummm, it's really hard to photograph food.
Ummm, it's really hard to photograph food.
My little helper loves to make these. She's very interested in baking and will know how to make lots of goodies. If, however, she ends up knowing how to cook a turkey, that will be something she learned from someone else. I think big meat is scary. Butter and sugar are so much less intimidating.
Double the fun if you have cute matching lemon aprons.
I will let Sophie handle the writing part of today's I-am-not-PW blog. She has been really interested in writing certain letters--S for Sophie, T for Talia, O for cousins Ori and Olivia, and C for cousin Calla and friend Courtney. Lately, though, she has been saying "S" is too hard and she won't try it.

Sophie's princess picture that I plan to keep forever. She didn't have any help.
Sophie's princess picture that I plan to keep forever. She didn't have any help.
And, though it isn't a Black Heels to Tractor Wheels type of love story, my husband and I celebrated our 6th anniversary May 29th! Love this man.
May 2004

May of last year (photo by Meg D.)
May 29, 2010--out to our second movie since Talia was born. I am laughing because we look so darn tired, plus Nathan didn't even want to get a picture since we were running late.

Maybe next year I'll be running on more sleep and actually getting places on time...but probably not. :)
3 comments:
Haha! This title cracks me up.
Food IS really hard to photograph! You did a great job though.
Lemon bars sound soooo good. I'll have to make some soon.
too cute.
Congratulations on 6 years, Shar. And whether you're tired or not, you still look as beautiful as you did in your wedding pic. Face it, you're a beautiful woman!! You're such a good teacher for Sophie. I don't know if I'd have the patience to teach B how to cook/bake. Way to go!
Post a Comment