Friday night was our Sunday School class "Tacky Christmas Party." We borrowed some lovely sweaters from a friend and I think we got 2nd place. We had a great dinner together and then played the Not-So-Newlywed game. It was a little scary that Nathan knew the color of my toothbrush with more certainty than I did, but at least that was something we actually agreed on. :) Following that was the highlight of the evening, our white elephant gift exhange. Horrible things were opened. It was pretty funny.
Handsome, aren't they?
Saturday night I was under the impression that Nathan was taking me out to dinner for an early birthday celebration. Julie came over with her own kids to watch ours. I couldn't believe that she was going to watch 4 kids age 3 and under...and she was dressed really cute...but I still thought I was going to dinner with my husband. We got to the place--a Mediterranean place we'd never tried--and as we walked in, I could see people wearing party hats. I turned to Nathan and said, "Someone else is having a birthday!" and as I walked all the way in and recognized everyone, I said, "Oh, it's MY birthday!" I'm still getting made fun of for that. I don't know why. What are you supposed to say? Anyway, it was great to have dinner with friends! Nathan went back home after dropping me off so Julie could join us girls. So it was actually my man watching 4 kids age 3 and under. Wow! Thanks for the fun night, honey! I wish I had pictures from the surprise dinner, but I only have this one that Julie took before Nathan and I left.
Then on Sunday afternoon, Nathan's mom came here to watch the girls while we went to see Narnia. Great movie! We also played a little in Bradley Fair. Thanks, Grams, for taking care of Sophie and Talia! Here's a picture before we left.
Don't you like jammie-clad Sophie's guest appearances in our date pictures?
And so Talia isn't left out, and in keeping with the "let's-take-a-picture-in-front-of-the-tree" thing, check this out. Baby Girl can go from sitting on the floor to standing up. Walking will come soon, I think! Sorry so blurry--had to move fast!

4 comments:
sharla, you look gorgeous! nathan's a great man to surprise ya. how FUN FUN FUN! happy birthday.
You look so cute - I love your dress and gray boots! I NEEEEED gray boots VERY BADLY!
What a fun Birthday surprise! I love your cute dresses! I'm afraid to try dresses like that, but you look great in them! I think I need to be built a little more delicate than what I am! Good job with the date pictures...fun to look back on those.
look out hot momma! You look great and so cute!! I miss being skinny. One day soon...:)
How fun to have a surprise birthday party! My small group did that for a baby shower for me and when I walked in I said "oh look someone is having a baby shower and it's a girl...oh my gosh it's for me!" I too was completely made fun of. HA! But that makes the surprise worth it! Happy Early birthday!
Post a Comment