Friday, February 25, 2011

hi there.

I loaned my camera to one of my best friends--she just had her first baby on Sunday. Sweet baby Paisley Shae. She's a tiny doll. So, how about some old pictures sprinkled among today's thoughts:

 We saw this house listed in the paper while we were engaged and went to check it out because the price seemed good for us. Uhhh...we got an apartment instead. :)

 This is us celebrating our 1st anniversary back in 2005.

Highlight of the week was a morning with my mom. We went shopping with little Talia while Sophie was at school. I tried on like 18 things at Forever 21 in about half an hour. (Spent longer than that searching for treasures in that ridiculously huge store.) What a whirlwind. And it was a great success.
Talia and my mama snacked on strawberry marshmallows and mini teddy grahams. Mama gave positive feedback on the stuff I was trying on while Talia bopped around to the music. After picking Sophie up, we had lunch at Noodles and Co and I wanna go back!!! So, so good. Thanks, mom. You know how to refresh a girl!

This is Sophie at 14 months--Talia's age now. So funny how different they are.

Bummer of the week: Sicky-sick girls. WHAT IS UP WITH MY FAMILY'S HEALTH??
How ornery was she? And should my hair be dark or blonde? I just got my blonde highlights redone last night, so I hope you say blonde. :) Sometimes I miss the dark hair. It was hard to make it stay that dark though.

Something to Look Forward To: Nathan and I are gearing up for a little getaway to KC next month. It will be our first time away since Talia was born. Hotel rooms are booked and plans are made, including ice skating, a museum tour, shopping, and eating. I'm so excited!! We're splitting up the girls with grandparents.

Working On: Being present with my girls and enjoying their time as littles. It gets hard when they are whiney and everything fun turns Not Fun. Have I ever mentioned that Sophie cries a lot? Hey, she does. I will admit that I often choose to spend time online or working rather than do something with her while Talia is napping.

New: Talia says "Uh oh!" We found that out at 11-something last night and it made us laugh in our weariness. I was trying to get her to rest with me on the couch and she dropped something over the edge. Her only other words are dada, mama, bye-bye, and her version of "peekaboo". She covers her eyes and makes little sounds in that unmistakable tone of voice you use when you play peekaboo. She's crazy cute.

Gotta go color with Sophie! :) Have a fantastic weekend.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love the hair pictures! I can't decide what color my hair should be, either. It's currently a dark brown/red. Looking at the photobooth pictures I posted awhile back, I liked how it was lighter. Also wondering if I should go blonde for summer? I'm not really sure what color it really is. :) Are you naturally blonde?

Melissa Jensen said...

Great pics!! I love your hair blonde--you look like a model, seriously!!
Have so much fun reading your blog--your family is so cute!! Hope everyone's health gets better and STAYS better--we are struggling over here too!

Julie said...

1. That first picture of the house you looked at cracked me up. I forgot about that.
2. Sophie was not a normal baby. There is NO WAY that she was the same age as talia and Calla (well, kind of) in that picture. She looked so grown up--and brushing her own teeth?!
3. I like your hair both ways, but I really like it blonde. :)

The Boccias said...

Amy, hair color is really tricky! I showed Nathan those side-by-side pictures, though, and he said quickly, "Blonde! That's easy." So I guess I don't need to wonder. :) Does Corey have a preference? It's fun to be blonde for spring/summer for sure. My hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown/blah color. I just have super dark eyebrows.
Melissa, dear, you're too much! Thanks anyway. :) I just don't think I can name a model with a face/bod like I have. Hope your family is better soon too! No fun.