Friday, June 3, 2011

from the week

1. Nathan and I had our 7th anniversary on Sunday! It was a busy day with church and then a Pampered Chef shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, so we celebrated with a date on Saturday night. We ate at Abuelo's and then met up with some friends at Gaslamp for dessert (and kind of a second dinner for Nathan). The night ended with the four of us going bowling. SO MUCH FUN! Maybe it was a little weird that we spent some of our anniversary date with another couple, but Nathan says he has something planned for another time when our parents can keep the girls overnight. :) I'm so thankful for seven years of marriage to an amazing man!
From 05/29/04:
Getting ready



Quite the skirt!


Seeing Nathan for the first time that day. We both cried. It was really such an incredible day.

A 2004 pose, I guess. Ignore the laser-looking line; the disc has some messed-up images.

And one from Bekah's shower:

2. On Tuesday, Sophie started ballet at a place here in town. She's doing a 5-week predance class. I wondered what she would think of it since it wasn't really the ballet she sees on Angelina Ballerina (they did the Hokey Pokey, not a plie!), but she had good things to say about it. The faces she makes lately crack me up. Check out her face while she's walking out of the studio. But I think she was really happy since this is also how she looked while opening her birthday presents last month.
Talia was pretty happy to see her. :)

3. I got my hair cut and colored! Yea! And my hubby picked up a full-length mirror for our room as my anniversary gift! Love it! Now I don't have to ask him which shoes I should wear. :)


4. We spent some time outside as a family. Both girls love being out!


5. Last night I was browsing my newest Woman's Day  mag and saw a feature on swimsuits. Mine is in there! I realize this is the third post in a row that I've talked about this swimsuit. Done now! But I don't think I've ever owned something from a magazine. The description says the cut will make my legs look longer and that the stripes will slim my middle. Whatevs. I'll still be sucking in whenever I'm not in the water--that's a guarantee.


If I could, I'd get the purple number. So pretty!


6. Today I took lots of pictures of Talia. I'm pretty sure brown-eyed girls must grow up getting everything they want. Those eyes kill me. Talia has been pretty difficult lately though--very whiney and screechy and trying so hard to do everything herself. She's not the best at obeying. Sigh.
I'm obsessed with her hair.

She has one of the friendliest faces ever. But not all her pictures are cute. Just look at this one Sophie's teacher took on one of the last days of preschool.
It's on the fridge because it makes me laugh. It's next to Sophie's sticker chart (she gets a sticker for staying in her room until at least 6:30 a.m.--she doesn't have a clock and can't tell time anyway, but for some reason it works).
How was your week?

5 comments:

Melissa Jensen said...

Your so pretty!! I love your long blond hair and seriously what are you talking about having a huge middle??? Your just FAB!!

Have a great weekend!!

Amy said...

* 6:30 am?! Oh my. I am so glad my kids are late sleepers.

* LOVE your wedding dress. It's absolutely gorgeous.

* "She has one of the friendliest faces ever." I love that. You're right... those eyes are amazing. But I know a blue eyed girl that can work those eyes, too. :)

* I agree with Melissa... you look amazing. When do we get to meet in person?! :)

Jamie and Joy George said...

Shar - Happy (late) Anniversary. Wow - where has the time gone? 7 years. You're just as beautiful now as you were when you got married, if not more. I probly need to check out the swimsuits at Old Navy - is that where you got it? Or at Target?

Jennifer said...

You look the same now as you did 7 years ago, beautiful! Jude and I have been married 8 years tomorrow. Pitures of then compared to now...well, it's just sad:) Kate has a sticker chart for allowing me to brush/fix her hair without throwing a monster fit. Not really sure she understands it, but it works, so whatever!

Lindsey said...

I laughed out loud at the sticker chart! : ) So funny. You poor thing! I won't mention that I woke Taryn up at 9 this morning....