Thursday, July 21, 2011

last day

Today is Talia's last day as an 18-month-old little lovey. {I know I can't really say "baby" but I'm not a fan of the word "toddler". Waa.}


Today has been kind of a doozy. I was really sad at 3 a.m. because that's when I went to bed. All I know is I was reading The Help and Nathan went to bed at 12:40. I told myself I could read another 20 minutes or so. Well, as I read, I knew I was definitely exceeding 20 minutes, but I had no idea that the very next time I would look at the clock it would say 3 a.m. So, not a lot of sleep for me. I made myself a homemade frap this morning with a little extra bit of awesome on top.
Needed it--much to accomplish this week--We host our small group study Friday evening, which means I need to clean,

and I'm getting ready for a Christmas in July event on Saturday and have had some other Scentsy-related projects to work on. Also, I'm single-mommyin' tonight. Whew.

Back to Talia. She's an amazing little person. She cries and squeals and still throws stuff from her highchair, but my goodness how she makes us smile and laugh. She is loving and charming and hilarious and learning so much right now.

At 18 months, she:
*hums "Where is Thumbkin" and the theme song to "Elmo's World" sometimes when she's playing by herself.
*loves it when Nathan sings all four verses of "This Little Light of Mine" before bed.
*constantly wants to pray, even sometimes just while we're playing.
*has a sticker obsession and even enjoys garage sale dot stickers.
*makes lots of animal sounds.
*is scared of flies.
*wants to do everything Sophie does.
*pushes Sophie.

*says "Mine!" and "I won!"
*One of my favorite things is how she raises her hands and shouts "I do!" when she sees something she wants to eat. It all started one day when I got out the Cheetos, asked "Who wants some?" and Sophie raised her hand and said, "I do!" Talia latched onto that and now will follow you around just saying "I do!" if she sees you eating something she wants. You just have to see/hear it. Cutest thing.
*is doing well in the church nursery--no more crying at dropoffs!
*She is just shy of 24 pounds and is tall for her age. She wears a size 4 diaper and a wide range of clothing sizes.
*She loves Sophie's shoes and my shirts and messes up both our closets.
*This summarizes a few things about her:

*She has a favorite baby doll, one that Sophie has never cared for even though I thought it would be her coolest Christmas present one year. It talks, laughs, and cries. If the doll says "Feed me, Mommy" you better get the bottle in her mouth or she starts crying, which freaks Talia out. She backs away, looking really uncertain. But she's really good at loving her.

*She says words like "book" and "milk" with a majorly harsh /k/ sound that lasts like 3 seconds.
*She's a good sleeper. She likes to have binkies {yep, plural}, her kitty, and some books in her crib.
*She says the names of quite a few people and it's funny because she calls Sophie "CeCe" which is what Sophie used to call herself, and she calls her cousin Olivia "YaYa", which is what Sophie called her for the longest time. {Aunt Julie, she says Ori pretty well but kinda struggles with Calla.}
*She likes to play Ring Around the Rosie. She'll come to you with hands outstretched, saying "ashes".
*I love being close to her face. It's perfect for kissing. {She said "ouch" when I did her pigtails but I think that's just from watching Sophie get her hair done...}

Love you, sweet Talia! In the morning I'll hug you and kiss you and wish you a Happy 19 Months.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

she's a doll - how could that face not bring you just so much joy every day!

Amy said...

This post makes me smile. Gretchen turned 21 months old a couple days ago, but Talia looks so much older to me than Gretchen does! Maybe it's the hair?? She was slow to talk, too, so I think that makes her seem younger to us. (We absolutely still call her a baby! And probably will for years!) :) She's talking quite a bit more now... sentences, even, but we can only make out 2-3 words usually. But it's enough to figure out what she's saying. :) How did our girls get so big so fast?!

She calls Sophie "Fof." Lawson is "Guy." :) Cutest thing ever.

Julie said...

Love my Talia!! She is so cute and funny.

And I want one of your fraps please. :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Today we were shopping in Wichita. I took Sophie to the bathroom. We were in the stall and I was talking to Sophie. I hear another grandma come in. She is pushing a stroller with a little toddler (I found that out after I opened the door). Anyway, while we are in the stall, she talks to me and says "I know another Sophia. Her name is Sophia Boccia". What? Really? So I told her I knew Sophie's mommy. Anyway, we played a little connection game before Sophie finished her little duty. I didn't get the lady's name though. Thought it would make you laugh.