Friday, November 25, 2011

the Boccias decorate for Christmas.

Christmas decorations are up!

This is the wreath I made when my mom, sister, and sister-and-law, and I had a craft weekend.
A huge thank you to my sister who patiently taught me how to make those rolled fabric rosettes. Holy moly. I was looking really angry for awhile...


Sophie was really excited about putting ornaments on the tree...is it bad that I went back later and moved all the ones that were hanging from the bottom branches?? That just really bugs me.

She was also happy to see her pink Nutcracker from last year.
Talia liked the lights. These colorful lights are for the downstairs/playroom tree. Talia calls the upstairs tree with the white lights and fancier decorations "mama's tree". Ha!

I love Christmas decorations. The huge mess is worth it.
{I know, I know. This picture is making you want to buy your man a T-shirt featuring a glasses-wearing, laser-eyed cat head floating in space. Good thing Christmas is coming.}

p.s. Does anyone have any interesting Black Friday shopping stories? Nathan made me laugh so hard when he told me about a terrible smell that came out of nowhere at Best Buy. In his words, "I'm fairly certain someone just pooped in their pants." He said he had to pull his shirt up over his nose and he didn't care who saw...apparently there were lots of people holding their nose. I can believe it...someone probably wouldn't get out of line to go to the bathroom. Folks are crazy.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your wreath turned out so cute!! I love it. And I have fond memories of teaching you to make the flowers and laughing about funny things while smashed together on the couch.

And I love Sophie's skirt. ;) And I am just a tad jealous that your house is all decorated for Christmas and your kids are in Christmas clothes . . . sigh. Someday we will be doing the same!

Amy said...

I love your wreath, too! I may need Julie to show me how to make flowers, too! :)

Funny about the shirt. I was just thinking, "What the heck is on his shirt?!" :)

Jennifer said...

I love your wreath! I love having the house decorated for Christmas, but get kind of overwhelmed while doing it. Your girls are so cute!

Jennifer said...

I love your wreath! I love having the house decorated for Christmas, but get kind of overwhelmed while doing it. Your girls are so cute!