Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Sophie got to go trick or treating twice this year--once on Friday afternoon in the town Daddy works in and then again on Saturday, of course. Friday was so COLD! Jasmine wasn't all that smiley before we left.

Here are some pictures from Trick or Treat Down the Street.
And some from Halloween. Julie, Ian, and Ori came over and we shared some cheesy bread and a jack-o-lantern pizza, then dressed up the kiddos and headed out!
Sophie rode in the stroller pretty much the whole time. I wish I had pictures of the actual trick or treating but it was too dark. She was pretty tired even though she had been so excited about this night! She started out saying "Trick or treat!" and "Thank you!" but by the end wasn't saying much of anything. I asked her if she was having fun and after a long pause she replied,
"I'm a little bit tired and I just want to eat some candy."
Her honest answer and sweet little voice made me crack up! I was feeling the same way...that was a lot of walking for this pregnant lady! I was happy to get back home and enjoy the full-size Hershey bar one kind gentleman put in Sophie's bucket. :)
This was just too funny:
And now we are dealing with TONS of candy. Sophie is very sweet about sharing :) but also quite persistent in asking for candy throughout the day. I'm not sure how to handle this--she's way too smart to not notice if it just disappears like it did last year. She's having fun playing with it (dumping it all out and sorting it--thanks, Teacher Aunt Julie!) Anyway, it seems to be working now if I tell her that if she cries about her candy it will be put away, and she can pick something to have after lunch and after dinner.
Though it would be smart to try to find next year's costume at a good price right now, who can predict what this little girl will want to be a year from now? Can't wait!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I predict she will want to be.......a PRINCESS!!! Another one. Maybe Belle or Sleeping Beauty.