We're still here.
I can't believe I said Talia was "rockin' it" in her new bed. She's been sick with a cold the last week and a half, and it has been sad at nighttime. LOTS of getting up and slamming doors and crawling in bed with us or crying at the top of the stairs...she also wakes up anywhere between 5-7. This is my girl who used to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. :( I miss those days. The unpredictable nature of what the night is going to be like makes me afraid to go to sleep, and I hate not knowing when I'm going to have to wake up. {Not gonna lie--if she's up too early, I stay in bed while she eats breakfast, plays, and watches a little TV. Nathan also helps out a ton.} It does have its sweetness...sometimes she snuggles with me in our bed and I can smell her hair and hold her little hand. She's my dolly! Just wish I could be happy and functional on less sleep!
Moving on--Hello, third trimester! I kicked it off by crying for two days in a row. I'm outgrowing my maternity jeans and weighed as much at my 27-week appointment as I did the day I gave birth to Sophie. Pretty sure my thighs are on a mission to take over the world. I am now 29-1/2 weeks...and it's February...we're getting closer to meeting our third daughter! :)
I did start a walk-at-home DVD and am trying to get a mile in almost every day of the week. I like it.
Well, now that you're all caught up, here are some pictures of stuff around here lately:
Chair sharing and cheek nuzzling.
The girls colored cat masks. Talia cried off and on for a few hours about the marker stains on her hands. We'll stick to crayon projects for her.
Our family project was making mailboxes so we can leave notes and treats for each other the week of Valentine's Day.
As you can see, Sophie liked the heart stickers. I guess she made up for Nathan using just 1 or 2 on his. I still need to find more candlesticks and have Nathan spray paint them and glue everything together, but we're almost done with them.
We've enjoyed some beautiful weather! Today we did sidewalk chalk. Sophie insisted that I write this message on our driveway:
This made me feel really awkward and giggly as I crouched down with my pregnant bod and wrote this. So weird.
Here's the accompanying artwork:
Cake, rainbows, and balloons.
Sweet dreams, everyone.







2 comments:
Sorry for sweet T and her cold! :( Sorry for my beautifully pregnant friend having to wake up at 5am! You're doing awesome, sweet mama of THREE! Can hardly believe how close you are to Baby B!! Love you!!
Hi, I think I commented a couple years ago because your oldest daughter reminded me so much of my own. Again I'm totally with you on the colds, crazy toddler sleep and pregnancy weight gain with number 3! I'm pregnant with #3 and due around the same time as you. Sometimes it's encouraging to know people are dealing with the same issues :) Good luck with #3!
Post a Comment