The red mouth is from a strawberry margarita (nonalchoholic, duh). She pretty much only wanted that and lemon poppyseed bread, which, if we're going to be honest, was more like cake.
Anyway, she sure has changed! And by the way, her pigtails were much cuter when we left the house. When we got to the party, I found out why she had been so good/quiet on the way there. She had pulled her pigtails out. I couldn't find the rubberbands in the car, so she just had the barrettes. Not as good. Sorry I feel the need to explain everything. It's something about me that Nathan laughs at.
To celebrate the 4th, we (Sophie and I) went to a party at Aunt Julie and Uncle Ian's house. It was actually for extended family on Ian's side, but we got to come. My mom came too, as she was also husbandless for tonight.
Here are more pictures from the evening, including watermelon eating, pool splashing, and her first go-cart ride. That last thing is not something I normally would have let happen, but Ian asked so nicely and promised to go very slowly and that it would be a gentle ride...I couldn't say no. Sophie didn't scream or anything, but she was ready to get off! :) As far as the fireworks went, she seemed fine with them. She likes doing those snap-pop things that you throw or stomp on. Our particular box had a church sticker on it and said Snap for Jesus. So we did.
1 comment:
I just found this today! What great voice you have in your writing with all your "explaining". :-) So glad you could come on the 4th! I loved seeing the picture of Sophie a year ago--she really has changed. Crazy! Love you!
Post a Comment