Friday, August 22, 2008

Sophie--15 Months


I had to start off with my favorite people. :)

Sophie turned 15 months old back on the tenth of this month. She, as always, has been busy, busy, busy! I started writing down all the words she can say and the total is at about 40. Just in the last couple of weeks, she has started responding to all sorts of questions with "mmmhmm" or "no." It's amazing to see this evidence of everything she can understand. She also loves to pretend to make something and bring it to you for you to eat. She says "Mmmm" while you eat it. :) I know I'm biased, but she is also one of the most polite babies I know, almost always ready with a sweet "thank you" when you give her something (or if you take something she wants to give you!)

She loves going to Grammy and Grandpa's farm because there's all kinds of space for running around and lots of new things to see. She likes playing Grammy's piano and knows where the candy/junk food drawer is. Oh yeah, and Duncan the dog is there, too. There are a couple of new stray gray cats now, but Sophie puts her arm straight out and says, "Nooo!" whenever they get close to her. I don't blame her. Stray cats....shudder.

Other things: Her tooth count is at 6, she can throw some wild and crazy tantrums, she is napping usually just once a day now (but for 2-3 hours!), and she still calls herself Cici. We still read lots and lots of books every day. Daddy is proud she can identify SpongeBob. She can do a pretty fierce lion sound and just automatically started roaring while eating animal crackers. Oftentimes she is the one reminding me to pray before meals; when food comes, she clasps her little hands together and waits expectantly, often chiming in with a jubilant "Ameeen!" and clapping at the end. Her dancing is a unique mix of deep knee bends and "quick feet" along with some rapid nodding and fish lips. I LOVE IT. Oh, I don't want her to get much bigger.

walking on the farm with Aunt Julie

Bye!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm so happy to be able to watch little Sophie grow! What a sweetheart she is. I agree, though, that she is growing up too quickly.