Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vacation


We spent the first several days of August with my side of the family at Table Rock Lake. My parents got a nice big place for all of us to stay. Highlights of the trip included tubing, jet skiing, cliff jumping, boating, floating, shopping, and going out to eat.


Sophie actually did pretty well, all things considered, but vacations just aren't the same when you have a 1 year old along with you. I felt like a bad mom many times during the trip because she got so hot while waiting for the boat to get going, and because we woke her up from an evening nap a couple times to go out to eat. She didn't let us off easy for that!


Sophie really loved the boat and tolerated her little life jacket ok, even though we were all laughing at her. It made her cheeks even rounder and made her head tilt up a little. We called her our Little Blueberry. She was always happy floating in the water in her raft with the canopy. She pointed at pretty much every boat and said hi and bye. She had us all cracking up with her dance moves and her sign language requests for more if anyone started singing. "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "This Little Light of Mine" are now favorites!


On the last night of the trip, I managed to hurt my elbow in an unfortunate fall. It hurt right away but I didn't want to go to the ER. I went to our family dr. office last Wednesday and had x-rays done. They couldn't seem to make up their minds about things--it was very swollen and apparently hard to tell anything on the x-rays, but I went back on Thursday because I had a message on my phone from a nurse saying there was a very faint fracture and they needed to stabilize my elbow more. Then when I got there, they made it sound like this was just a precaution.

My elbow continued to hurt. My mom and Nathan's mom helped out with Sophie, which was great since I couldn't do everything necessary to take care of her. It was sad that the timing coincided with Sophie teething again--she ran a fever one night and was so crabby during the day. I had a really hard time sleeping at night because of pain and had a couple different medications prescribed. I am happy to report that I went to the dr. today and she took everything off my arm, did NOT do more x-rays (there had been talk of a bone scan), and gave me exercises and some sort of band for tennis elbow. It feels weak and strange, but I'm grateful for the good news. I don't know when to expect it to feel 100% but I'm ready to get back to work.

And without further ado, pics from the trip!




No comments: