Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She'll Fix You Anything You Want!

Nathan and I recently decided to get Sophie a "big" toy, and we picked out the cheapest play kitchen Wal-Mart had to offer. We love you, Sophie! :) (By the way, Wal-Mart will price match other stores but they will not price match their own website. The kitchen was cheaper online so we ordered it and had it shipped to the store. It worked fine, but I just thought it was dumb.)

Anyway, Nathan and Michael got it put together over the weekend and Sophie has been loving it ever since! She plays it with first thing in the morning, before bed at night, and many times during the day, too. I had some play food down in the basement from my teaching days (learning the food groups!) so I brought that up and washed it, trying to convince myself that kindergarten/first grade germs were really and truly being vanquished forever.
Sophie loves opening and closing all the doors in her kitchen. She puts her hands in the sink and says, "Wash wash." Hmm, where did she hear that? Sometimes she says "hot". She likes the sounds that the stove makes and gets a kick out of turning the knob for the dishwasher. I do wish she could get the little cell phone down by herself. I know when I hear her saying "hi" and reaching for it that I better get ready to go help her out! :) She immediately started saying "juice" when she saw the little cups that the kitchen came with. She's learning a lot with the play food and can find some of the foods when I ask her to. Sophie is a very accommodating chef and will make you anything you ask for. She will even bring you food you didn't ask for. :) Of course we always say "Mmmm" and thank her.

These last 2 pictures aren't kitchen-related. They're just cute. The first is after grocery shopping at Dillons. She had a chocolate chip cookie (yes, chocolate. And yes, she finished it in her car seat.) When I went to get her out at home, this is what I saw. She was saying "uh oh, mama". Told you she doesn't like having messy hands!

This is from when we were chasing each other around the house. She was having so much fun. I love her smile!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love her little kitchen! I'm glad online Walmart came through for you!