1. Sophie is 2 years, 4 months, 1 week, and 6 days old. That's approximately 863 days. That's how many days she has cried. EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HER LIFE. When does that stop? It's exhausting to me to think about crying every day of my life. Believe me, if ever she goes 24 hours without shedding a tear, that will be a red letter day!
2. My pregnancy ticker for Talia says I have 96 days to go! And it's actually less than that...at my appointment on Monday I got to schedule the C-section for a week early! I am so excited to meet our second baby girl and wondering what she will look like, what she'll be like. We have PLENTY to do before she gets here though!
You might think, "You have no surprises left! You know it's a girl, you've already picked and announced her name, and you know when she's coming!" Well, I think there's still room for surprises. I'm wondering how big she'll be (Sophie was 9 lb 2.5 oz, not a C-section...which is why I'm having one this time around!), if she'll have hair, if she'll actually get brown eyes like her daddy, if she'll be colicky like her big sis...
I've been looking at old pictures on the computer and just dying over Sophie's hair! I want that again! But Talia, even if you're bald, I know you'll make it work.
Sophie at no more than 2 weeks old--already way too alert! She didn't like to waste time sleeping! Her delivery was "helped" by forceps and they gave her two huge hematomas on the top of her head-Nathan said she had a heart head. :( They took months to go down and it was a good thing she had all that hair to kinda cover them!
And you just have to love baby hair that does this when it's wet...
And looks like this when it's dry.
3. Final thing for today:
We need to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nathan's brother, Michael.
And to our nephew, Ori, who is 1 today! Happy birthday, big guy!
We have lots of partying to look forward to this weekend!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I fear I too will know what it is like to have a daughter who cries EVERYDAY! I hope it stops soon! They are so dramatic (even at 7 months she knows how to work the room! HA!)
I can't wait to see how Talia compared to Sophie...that will be so fun! I remember seeing you in Target when Sophie was a few weeks old and dying over that hair!!! So awesome!
(now I know you were on one of your many colic breaks! But she seemed perfectly happy then!! HA!)
Good luck with everything!! You and your family are in my prayers!!
Good glory Sophie was beautiful from the first moment she arrived. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Looking forward to seeing you at Ori's party, but I won't pat your tummy. I will try hard not to.
Wilder had that hematoma thing, too. My mom said, "are those his brains?"
Way to freak out a new mom.
I miss that hair! It was fun to look back at those pictures.
She is just too cute! I forgot that she was a big baby like Kate. My cousin's last baby was 7 lbs. Kate and Sophie were like 1 month olds at birth!
Post a Comment