This afternoon Sophie and I made "Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Glaze."
1/2 cup softened butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients including chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 T milk
1 T melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix together and drizzle over cookies. (I wait until they are mostly cooled.)
Sophie was a great help with making the glaze and putting it on the cookies. I realize these aren't that pretty, but she was trying so hard!
She had told me she didn't like pumpkin so I wasn't sure she would like the cookies, but the chocolate chips and glaze must have overpowered the offending pumpkin flavor. :) Doesn't this picture tell you how good they are? I even let her have two of them...
The other main activity today has been watching the rain from her boxhouse. This box (that her new particle board dresser came in) was a fun family project one night. She loves it, and I've accepted the fact that it has taken up residence in the dining room...until the playroom/office is finished, then downstairs it goes!
7 comments:
The best pumpkin cake in the world..
Pumpkin Cake
1 can 29 oz. Pumpkin filling
1 can 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (I use pecans)
1 Cup Melted Butter
1 box Yellow cake mix
Cool whip (optional)
In a bowl, mix pumpkin filling, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, salt & cinnamon. Once mixed well, pour into 9 ½ X 13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top. Drizzle melted butter and chopped nuts. Bake at 350 for approximately 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown on top. Suggested serving: warm with cool whip on top.
We used to make these when I was teaching b/c it had lots of ingredients to involve lots of kids helping. But I'm sure just one kiddo helping will still get the job done!
Pumpkin Pancakes
INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
DIRECTIONS
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Fun recipes! That pumpkin cake is GOOD and I lost my recipe so thanks Susy!
hey, check out Natalie Veer's blog, she has a Pumpkin bar recipe on there.
One of my memories from KSU about you is you having a hundred or so long sleeve shirts from American Eagle. That popped in my head when you talked about "fall clothes". :)
Your cookies looked so good that I'm making them tonight with the kids... I'm sure that one taste of pumpkin and I'll be ready for fall!
I made your cookies last night. They were VERY GOOD! In fact, they're going to our Community Life Group tonight as dessert. Thanks for sharing.
I made your cookies last night...yum! Kate wasn't too excited about the pumpkin, but once she tasted the chocolate, she was happy! I looked up "pumpkin" on tastykitchen.com, and there are quite a few recipes that look worth trying!
Post a Comment