Saturday, November 28, 2009

2-1/2

Sophie turned 2-1/2 on November 10th. I know life is about to get even crazier, so I wanted to do a post so I can remember what she was like at this age. :)


She says the funniest things. Lately when she wakes up in the morning she just keeps shouting, "Woohoo! It's daytime! Time to get up!" until I go in to get her. Gotta admit, it's a pretty fun way to start the day. I laugh every time.

Names she uses to address me: Mama, Mom, Mommy, Sharla, sweetie, honey, dear, dude, sister, and lady. As you might guess, I'm working to get rid of a couple of those. :)
She knows a few Spanish words, courtesy of Dora. She also says weird things from movies. From Monsters Inc. she'll sometimes say, "Stink it up!" when she hands you something.

She is a picky eater, unless you give her something sweet. Bonus points if it's covered in frosting and sprinkles.

She still cries. A lot. She sometimes just seems to enjoy it. She'll talk about how she's going to cry and she's excellent about running to her room to do her thing and then coming back out when she's more composed. I will never understand this. We've also had our fair share of public meltdowns. :(

She still takes a good afternoon nap; the only problem is that it usually doesn't start until 3:30 or so, which means she's sleeping until dinner time and then waking up in the dark ever since the time change. It's a little disorienting for her, I think. Anyway, I LOVE nap time and will be very sad when these days are over. Since her naps are so late, she doesn't go to bed until about 9:30. Believe me, I'd like her bedtime to be earlier, but I've tried moving up nap time and it didn't work. So I guess this is how we'll roll!
Her favorite things are books, movies, princesses, and snacks. She sings quite a bit and makes up her own little songs sometimes. She also likes making things--we go to a weekly storytime at the library and she is always excited to see what we're going to make in the craft room.
At this point she seems like she will be such a good big sister. She kisses my tummy and talks to Baby Talia. Lately people have asked her if she's ready to see her baby sister and she'll turn to me with this expectant look on her face and say, "Did she come out?"
I'm really looking forward to Christmas with my Sophie girl even though things will be in a state of...change...around here. :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

She is just so darn cute! I am just sitting and smiling to myself...b/c I am almost 100% certain Lo will completely follow suit of her big "twin" sister! I think Sophie will make a great big sister, she seems like she has a really sweet and tender heart.
Can't wait to see pics of Talia...not too much longer!!!!