Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I need Mama to do everyfing!"--Sophie Boccia

Long day.

Sophie woke up and didn't want breakfast which is incredibly unusual. She didn't even want her princess gummy vitamins! Later on she asked me to hold her and she felt really warm. Took her temp...100.6 under her arm. Great. Doled out hugs, kisses, and Motrin. Told her she really, really, no seriously needs to stay away from baby Talia because she's just too little to get sick. I've been preaching that for almost a week; Sophie has had a slight cough and runny nose, but she hasn't responded well to my reminders. Loves that baby too much.

Get on the phone with my supervisor from work and get instructions to try to resolve a computer issue I've been having that has prevented me from working the last couple days. Mission successful; I feel proud.

Run the dishwasher.

Talia can't nap on her own. Put on sling and hold her while she naps.

Sit on the floor while wearing sling and play with Sophie's dollhouse with her. Mrs. Goodbee teaches manners, caring, and sharing. She is British and says "Shiver me shingles" which is odd but she also tells Sophie to eat fruits and veggies for snacks, so all is well.

Change a poopy size 4 diaper pretty much with one hand while Talia is still in the sling.

Realize my hair has spit up in it.

Endure small hands putting shark stickers on my sweatpants-clad butt while I'm walking down the hall.

Take a nap with Talia. Sophie rests on the floor in the living room. Temp has gone down to 99.5.

Oh yeah, there's also been a lot of nursing going on. And nose wiping.

Do some cleaning. Unload the dishwasher. Check facebook.

Talia is tired again. Sling goes back on. Crying stops. I eat dinner this way. And change another poopy size 4 diaper with one hand. Faster than last time.

Sophie wants breakfast now, for dinner. Eats three mini pancakes and says her tummy hurts. Temp is normal. Who knows what's going on.

Talk to hubby. He has started his 30-minute drive home...at 7:15 pm.

Long day.

5 comments:

Lacie and Stephen said...

I have had days like this with only one! I can't even begin to imagine what it would/will be like with two!! You are such a good mommy! When you wrote that Talia had gained a lb. and a half in a week, I thought, "Isn't that what we would like to LOSE on average a week after our babies are born??? You have a BEAUTIFUL family!

Michele said...

Oh Sharla you make me laugh so hard! You are doing a great job. This may not be the case but Talia at least appears to be "easy" going. You are an awesome mommy!

jen christians said...

Oh Sharla...
Do you remember the days when I would come to school, and feel as though I must have already had a full day in a matter of two hours! I think only people who have experienced that can truly understand. SO from one mama to another, I get it. I hope today is better, it sounds as though some yucko bugs are going around.
Take care!

Jamie and Joy George said...

shar, you're amazing!!! I can't even imagine. It sounds like you're doing a great job w/ both girls...way to go mommy!
*i'm totally impressed w/ the one-handed diaper (poopy) change. You deserve gold stars.

Rachel said...

I remember changing the size 4 diapers after the 2nd was born and just thinking "this is just not right!" I just think you should be proud of the fact that you not only ran the dishwasher, but you put the clean dishes away!!