Talia had her 1 month checkup on Jan. 25th. Time has been flying by, which is strange because it also seems like forever since I got to sleep through the night! She weighed 11 lb 8 oz (95%) and was 22-1/4 in (85%). The doctor said she was awesome and we just might agree with that. :)
Here is her 1 month picture.
Her feet drive me nuts. But, considering I had only been getting this
I had to settle for it. :)
At 5 weeks she started really smiling. We love it! Sophie and I get very excited and tell each other, "Did you see that? She was smiling at you!"

Talia is a sweetheart. She is sleeping pretty well at night--wakes to nurse anywhere from every 2.5-4 hours but usually goes right back to sleep. She still sleeps a lot during the day, which is weird for us. We don't remember Sophie doing this, especially not at this point. (Talia will be 6 weeks old tomorrow.) She does typically need to be held for this daytime sleeping though. If you put her down, you more than likely will have to start over. Don't know the remedy for this--her dr. said it was ok to let her cry for 10-15 minutes but that doesn't make her fall asleep on her own. Anyway...
I know time will keep flying by, just as fast as Sophie crawling circles around her baby sister.
I'm excited to see what Talia will be doing in the coming month!
8 comments:
There is hope :)
You have no idea the anxiety I have thinking about ever having another one. So glad she is doing so well. She is a cutie patootie!
awww!! Happy 1 month! We miss seeing you! Sounds like Talia has the "altitude awareness" too! Logan had it for a Looooong time (maybe still has it??) Just loves to be cuddled when he sleeps! She's beautiful!!
She is super cute! The baby stage flew by for me with my 2nd one. I held her a lot in the evenings just so I wouldn't miss out on cuddling a little one!
AWW!! She is SO cute... I need to come and hold her... Carly was sick all last week though!
She is so cute! I have to ask.... how different is it to have a baby with significantly less hair?!?!? I know random =) is it a nice break? I know after Josie I keep saying uggg next time I want a bald baby. Because honestly the headband are so much cuter on a baby with less hair. And it's gotta be less work?!? =)
Sharla -
I enjoyed reading and catching up with what is going on in your life. I really like the comment about settling for the picture because you were getting allot of crying. The pressure of taking the staged picture always results in crying in my house - usually me.
Thanks for helping me remember how great sleeping through the night is. It seemed much harder for us to get Asher to sleep through the night compared to Eden, so don't be discouraged - it will eventually happen.
Remember, it only gets better and easier as they get older.
Jim K.
I love your family of four. :)
She has grown so much!!! I started following your blog through the Mac's and your sister Julie.
You probably don't know me but I used to work for you mom (cleaning their house and helping with her Mary Kay). I have some questions about Medical Transcription and when I was reading through your blog and saw that that's what you do! If you have time could you e-mail me? jenjerekeland@sbcglobal.net
Thanks so much and have a beautful week!
Jennalee
Post a Comment