Saturday, May 22, 2010

say it ain't so...



My baby is 5 months old today. It's going too fast!!! She does still look and act like a baby in a lot of ways, though. Nathan and I were talking about how she's our first "real baby" since Sophie was always an old soul. :) She looked and acted older than her age--always.

At 5 months, Talia...
*falls asleep best swaddled, though she fights her way out during the night and ends up just wrapped around her middle. She goes about 6 hours before needing to eat again at night.
*sleeps great...when she's in our bed. This happens around 3-4:00ish every single night. And she naps there. I told the truth, so don't be hatin'.
*no bottles for this chick, though I want to keep trying.
*finds big sister highly entertaining.
*clothes: wears everything from 6-9 to 12-18 months.
*still using up size 2 diapers.
*loves putting everything in her mouth.
*had oatmeal for the first time on May 2nd--did pretty well then and now eats almost a whole bowl once a day. We have taken a few days off now and then.
*smiles a LOT.
*makes other people smile a LOT.
*seems to prefer the Bumbo to the bouncy seat.
*doesn't seem too interested in books.
*loves being outside.
*is pretty good when we're out somewhere.
*grabs her toes all the time.
*seems to love her mama a little.
*loves to be held/carried while I'm trying to get things done.
*is just all around cute.

7 comments:

Kate said...

awww!! Made me smile too! Happy 5 months Talia!!

Michele said...

Wow 5 months...that is going by fast. She is so adorable, and I love that picture of her looking at you, so sweet.

Jamie and Joy George said...

she is so precious Shar. And she's soo pretty! I think she'll be a heart breaker. :)

Unknown said...

I love this post! You are so pretty, Sharla.

Jennifer said...

She is beyond cute!

LisaC said...

So precious! I love pictures of babies grabbing their toes! My newest daughter just turned 7 weeks and is beginning to smile, too... pure bliss!!!

Rachel said...

What a doll! I'm sure you are told how beautiful your daughters are all the time, but I'm going to tell you again! They are just beautiful!