Another milestone--Sophie's first trip to the dentist. This was for a "Happy Check." I was thinking it was going to be anything but happy, but my girl surprised me! She just cried a little bit at the beginning of the let's-polish-your-teeth part and then did fine. She has 20 teeth, all cavity free, and she left with a Cinderella toothbrush and some new toothpaste.
I was proud of her for being brave. And also glad that no one takes my picture when I'm getting my teeth cleaned.
It happened because tonight Nathan took Sophie to one of the bazillion fireworks tents/stands around here and they picked out some of those snap-pop things and pink smoke bombs. They'd been out doing some for awhile when I heard them the front door open and Sophie was crying as she came inside. (Not that unusual, really...) She came downstairs where I was working and started saying all this stuff about the policeman not letting them do fireworks anymore.
I was really confused, but Nathan confirmed an officer of the law had informed them that yes, even though fireworks are being sold right now, they are not supposed to be shot off until July 2nd. The police officer had also told Nathan that all they were doing tonight was driving around and "raining on everyone's parade." So, until July 2nd, I guess we'll just sit around and look at our fireworks. In bags, not in the sky. :)
2 comments:
wow. is that a rule everywhere about fireworks b/c if so we got plenty of ppl around here that need a talking too! HA! Although snappers and smoke bombs are hardly a problem...:)
Glad she did well at the dentist. Don't you love when they surprise you and do the complete opposite of what you expect?!
I wish those police officers would come to our neighborhood. It could be december or July and fireworks go off in our neighborhood! Don't get me wrong! I enjoy them....once or twice a year. But in the middle of my kid's nap, right outside her window or at odd hours at night?! Come on!
So sad though that Sophie's encounter with a cop had to be so scary! Poor girl!
Great report from the dentist! I think my daughter would like a cinderella toothbrush too! (Her favorite princess!)
Post a Comment