We are thinking today of a sweet girl in Uganda who is turning 7 years old.
B is the child we sponsor through World Vision; we started late last August. It's been so good for our family. Sophie helps me remember to pray for B every night before bed. She really wants to go to Africa to visit her. :)
Earlier this month we received our first letter from her. It hangs on our fridge next to her picture, and even though I've read it and talked about it dozens of times, it still makes me teary-eyed when I even think about it. It both stirs my heart and smacks me in the face. Just read this first paragraph:
Dear my sponsor in USA!!!
I really have a song to sing in my life for you have blest my life to pick me out of the many children here. Thank God for your life and your family.
What a beautiful picture. Reminds me of the song I have to sing in my own life because HE chose ME. I am so blessed--I want to be a blessing. B is an amazing girl. I wish we could help more children like her.
Here's where I'd love you to come in. We can't be with B on her birthday; we can't sing to her, watch her open presents, or blow out 7 candles on a big cake. But, even if we could be there and do all those things, I have a feeling that a girl as sweet as B would rather have other kids be sponsored than have birthday goodies for herself. Will you consider helping children through World Vision? Sponsoring a child is $35/month, but there are other ways to help too--check the Donate tab on the website. You can help provide education, animals, clothing, clean water, etc. One rabbit is only $16. :)
Here's more from B's letter:
I am a girl growing in the village of Bung with my parents. Last time I told my parents to grow enough maize and beans because I like to eat maize flour with beans and they also did. I help at home to fetch water from the well and collect firewood for cooking at home. I play dizzle game with my friends, hoping that you know how to play it. My sponsor I send you love and greetings from the community and my family. We love you and care for you big time in prayer. Bye.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, B! We love you and hope your special day is filled with your favorite things, like eating maize and beans and playing dizzle. :)

2 comments:
I've been thinking that our family should do this. Thanks for the reminder! :)
Happy Birthday, B! I loved hearing more of her letter. Thanks for sharing this post.
Post a Comment