Monday had all the hints of a great opportunity to get some pictures of my girls.
*holiday
*matching shirts
*cute hair goodies
*exciting things to do
But WOW. Anyone who has fabulously sweet pictures of your kids--especially ones that you took yourself--I am in awe of you. Our family time started off with Talia checking everything out.
And deciding things weren't good enough for her.
Nevertheless, once she calmed down a little, I asked Sophie to put her arm around her so I could get a picture of them "real quick."
To her credit, Sophie did try. Halfheartedly, I'd say. Then she gave up. Then she made a face.
I did not give up. I give you exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F...Z.
It's a little uncanny how they seem to be so in sync with some of their positions, motions, and expressions.
This ended up being my favorite.
Yeah...
And some other shots from our 4th of July.
I had seen that people were making awesome desserts like flag cake (hi, Julie!) and cake pops (hi, Mindy!) In a last-ditch effort to even have dessert at all, I made an angel food cake and Nathan and Sophie went to Target specifically for whipped cream. It turned out all right. Not a showstopper--but all right. :)
My favorite part of the night was sitting outside with Nathan after our girls were asleep. We sat shoulder-to-shoulder on the driveway and watched neighborhood fireworks. There was some really great stuff! The 4th of July is moving up on my ranking of the holidays. :)
3 comments:
Love their little outfits. Taking pictures of two kids together is really hard. I never have cute ones of Ori and Calla together. Um, your angel food cake is amazing . . . what are you talking about?! Love you!
aw thanks for linking to my majorly overrated cake pops. they were so much work!
Your homemade angel food cake is the BEST!! (Had some when I was in KS last Spring.)
Post a Comment