If you read my sister's blog post about our vacation and saw the pictures of all us girls, you may have been left wondering something:
Is she pregnant?
I am. :)
{Photo by Ian Johnson.} Baby bump at 4 weeks, 6 days. Stop it with your internal dialogue about the possibility of twins. I've carried two 9-lb babies and this is technically my fifth pregnancy. My ab muscles are shot, and my uterus is clearly an overachiever.
Truthfully, I was pretty shocked that she posted these pictures. Take a peek at our facebook convo:
Me: Ju! I just saw your blog! Do you not think I look huge in those pics???
Her: Um, Sister. I did not think you looked big at all until you wrote this and then I stared at your tummy in the picture and did a happy giggle. I think a person would have to stare right at your tummy to notice. And then it just looks pregnant. :) hehe.
and then later on, she wrote: i just looked at my blog again and the pictures are totally making me laugh now. i'm really sorry. I honestly thought those looked pretty good compared to the ones where you are displaying the belly that I saw alongside the group shots. Really sorry. But it is funny.
Based on her blog, I've already been asked if I'm pregnant so after thinking about it awhile and getting Nathan's blessing, I decided to just go for it and talk about it. :)
I found out on August 5th. I was only 3 weeks, 4 days at that point. I took the test at 2:00 a.m. and the line came so fast and was really dark for testing early. Wow!
I took it because my belly had popped out a couple days before that, and I thought that if it was because of pregnancy, it should show up on a test already. And if I wasn't pregnant, well then I needed to start a diet asap.
Thank the Lord I don't have to give up cookies.
We are so happy to be expecting again! If all goes well, I think my due date is around April 16th.
My first appointment is scheduled for next week. I'll be just a bit past 7 weeks at that point. We are praying for a strong heartbeat!
So, now that you know, will you please pray for us? At first I felt nothing but pure excitement, but last week it was like a switch was flipped and I have really been struggling with worry and fearing that we will have another loss. Every day is a battle. Every day feels like it's a year long...I just want my appointment day to come. It's difficult, but I'm trying to think more along the lines of "Today I'm pregnant! Today I'm thankful" and not worry about the next day and the one after that.
None of this is in my control. I am praying that the Lord's will be done in this baby's life and that I experience a peace that passes understanding as I rest in His goodness and love. This doesn't come easily or naturally for me, sad to say.
Thanks for reading and praying!


18 comments:
That is so funny because I ALMOST messaged you after reading Julie's blog and seeing a definite bump. But I thought:
1. if you wanted people to know you would have put it out there already and I didn't want to make you say yes if you weren't wanting to.
2. if by some strange chance you weren't it would be reeeaally awkward (although I was fairly certain that you had to be by that picture.)
SO happy for you!! I know the struggles of those first trimester fears. It can be a heavy burden. I'll be praying you are covered in a sence of peace and calm.
Woo Hoo for babies!!
Congrats on the pregnancy! I found your blog through Mindy and realized you are Julie's sister! I have met Julie a few times and she is wonderful! Praying for your pregnancy to be smooth and uneventful and that you feel a total peace about it! I have had 3 prior miscarriages and we are still crossing our fingers for a success! The days leading up to that dr. visit are horrible.
Oh Sharla! Congrats! I know you will have fears and worries, but don't forget that just like the little girls you hold in your arms, the baby you carry inside in in the Lord's hands. He loves you and that little life and has a perfect plan for you both! I'm very happy for you and your family! By the way, you ladies do look beautiful in that picture!
Oh yay!!! Congrats Sharla!!! Apparently we're on similar schedules again. Just means our kids are destined to be classmates someday! ;) Soooo happy for you! Lots of prayers sent your way for a healthy happy baby!
Umm . . . congratulations. And I feel like a dork. I'm really sorry I do not notice details very well. I mean, really? Doesn't it just look like a nice purple dress? And don't most people just focus on faces in pictures? ;)
Love you. We are praying for this sweet baby.
LOL! I didn't realize my inquiry would lead to a blog reveal! Hehe. SO excited for you and praying a LOT! I know what the uncertainty is like and I hope that everything goes really well this time around! Keep us posted on how things go!
I'm laughing. First, yes julie, it's a nice purple dress....a MATERNITY one. HAHA! I got called out on my maternity dress before our announcement came out - so there's no hiding for you Sharla!! I have that same one. Second, you are a super SKINNY girl when not pregnant - so that bump was QUITE obvious! So obvious, that I didn't even feel the need to "confirm" with anyone - it was apparent. And I started praying for you before this post this morning and will continue!! Congrats! God is in control - thank goodness, I can't imagine the mess our lives would be if he wasn't!
I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! I asked Kreg after I read Julie's blog and saw the pics if I missed an announcement on FB and he said he did not hear anything so then I went back and read your blog thinking I am an avid fan/reader of your blog how could I miss it??
So I am so happy for you guys!! I am praying for peace and a healthy baby!!
You look amazing by the way--just amazing!!
Yay!! So excited for you guys!!
yup, saw Ju's blog and thought...ok, Sharla is totally pregnant. went to your blog thinking somehow I missed the announcement and have been checking ever since :) thanks for letting us in and allowing us to intercede on your behalf. prayers for a healthy pregnancy and peace for your heart.
I'm with everyone else... there was no denying that baby bump. :) So, so excited for you, my friend!!
you make me laugh. You caved. :) Still praying that God puts your fears to rest!
I was totally guessing you were pregnant too. Baby bump + maternity dress??? Congratulations!! So excited for you and your family Sharla. And I will definitely be praying for you and Baby Boccia.
Congratulations, and we will be praying for a healthy baby. So happy for you!
I read your blog a lot but have never posted a comment. Congratulations on your precious baby!!!!! I am so happy for you, especially after your recent loss. I'm actually just behind you with our 3rd baby. I'm due April 23 and thought it was bad that at 5 wks 5 days I'm having trouble finding pants to fit! Your adorable pic on your sis's blog makes me feel better! (and that's a compliment...you look adorable!) Prayers for a healthy baby and mama!
Congrats! I was 99% sure you were pregnant after seeing those pictures, (yes, I stalk your sister's blog) but didn't want to ask. I mean, really, I look 9 months pregnant everyday of the year, so I never ask. We'll be praying for you!
I wondered! Congratulations! I will be praying for peace for you. I'm so happy for you!
Ok...I just read all the comments and did what everyone else did. Saw Julie's blog, noticed it right away and didn't even think to even ask Julie 'cause it seemed so obvious, thought I must have missed something on your blog, read through months worth of posts and then got confused! But I started praying and thinking of you right after I saw that picture...especially since it's a maternity dress! Hehe! Silly Julie!
Post a Comment