We had our first appointment a couple days ago and are happy to report that everything looks good so far!
My official due date is April 14, 2012! Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks.
I did not have this current OB with either Sophie or Talia, but he was wonderful during our visits to his office in April and May. I love him even more because he is letting me come back in a week to check the heartbeat again. He doesn't like mamas to be nervous. :) Though it was awesome to see our sweet baby's beating heart and see that he/she is measuring right on track, I am still a little worried. Last time we had a sono at exactly 8 weeks, and our baby measured 7 weeks, 3 days, so he/she looked very similar to this and had a heartbeat of 150--almost identical. The doctor did look back at the sono from April and he pointed out that the sac (black area around the baby) was pretty small then; the baby had almost filled it up. He said this looks much better, which is encouraging.
I'll end with a cute story: My mom came to stay with Talia while I was at the appointment and ended up having to pick up Sophie from preschool. Mom said the teacher asked Sophie when the baby was due and Sophie said, "Oh, she's just at her appointment. She doesn't have to give the baby back." She only knows "due" like how we have to take library books back when they're due. :)
Thanks for letting me share our little gummy bear, and thanks for your prayers and for thinking of us!

4 comments:
Yay, great news!!! <3
Yay! :)
Praise God! I have gone through this pregnancy being thankful for all of the little things that are different from Babe B. and the miscarriage I had almost a year ago. It has really helped me! The similarities make me a bit nervous, but they are getting to be fewer now that this little guy is only 2.5 months shy of coming out! Prayers continue to be sent your way!
God Bless!!!
So excited for you guys! I will definitely be praying for you! That is a very cute story about Sophie too!
Post a Comment