Talia got bangs today. I got to hold her while she looked at books and got her hair trimmed for the first time. We went sans cape because it freaked her out too bad. She said "yuck" about all the hair falling in her lap when her bangs were cutting cut. She makes me smile.
She looks more grown up, I think. Hope Daddy likes the bangs--we didn't exactly talk about this. It just kinda happened after Sophie's trim.
Speaking of Sophie, I keep hearing about so many mamas making the decision to homeschool. And sometimes I feel guilty I have absolutely no desire to join those ranks. But then things like this happen (conversation from today) and I stop feeling guilty:
Sophie: Mom, do you know what "nurse" starts with?
Me: Yes--"n".
Sophie: No, it starts with "s" like in necklace. See--nurse, necklace. Sorry, you're wrong.
I couldn't do it. That is all.
7 comments:
so cute! And I'm with you. I obviously care about my kids and education, but I am NOT a teacher, much less, could be THEIR teacher! I will leave it to the pros! lol!
The sad thing is...I actually did teach K for a year and 1st grade for two! Just different with my own kids, I guess. Pretty sure S doesn't talk to her teachers that way. :) I guess we need to work on respect at home.
I whole-heartedly believe in the public education system. But I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I just don't care to teach.
I would choose to teach other people's children over my own any day. ANY day. Especially my Sophie. It just would not work. (Probably the respect thing, too.) I just read this blog post last night: http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2011/09/06/after-the-airport and it made me laugh! Especially the part about us all becoming homicidal. :)
We MUST get together sometime!!
Shar - you make me laugh. First off, the bangs make Talia look grown up - she's so precious looking. I NEVER want to homeschool my kids!! Plus, I don't feel guilty when I hear other mama's talk about it. I'm like "why"? :)
Also, I've been meaning to write you for a LONG time to congratulate you on your pregnancy - I'm SOOO happy for you and Nathan. I'll be praying for a safe pregnancy. Love you.
Love the bangs - she looks so grown up and I thought bangs were supposed to make you look younger. And yeh, I didn't homeschool any of you either. I tried piano, remember?
Cute bangs, Talia! Perhaps your cousin should get some too; then she could actually see. ha! Love you all. Sophie's comment was funny.
Post a Comment