When we had Talia, the only thing that changed about the room was the name on the wall above the changing table. I didn't even change out the pictures in the pink and brown picture frames--Talia spent two years in a room with pics of her sister and parents on the wall. For shame.
Well, even though we were having yet another girl and it wasn't necessary to change the nursery decor/color scheme, I really wanted something different after 5 years! Blogs and Pinterest have just provided way too much inspiration. :) In a dramatic departure from pink and brown, I chose red, aqua and yellow, and my parents bought fabric as my Christmas present. Kendra made the bedding and did a FABULOUS job. Seriously. I'm especially amazed by the bumpers. Perfect! She made a ruffled skirt, the valance, two crib sheets, the bumpers, a comforter, and a changing pad cover.
When I look around Gemma's room, I'm reminded of how many people helped make this room special! My sister bought me this print from etsy for Christmas
{The frame and custom mat are from JoAnn's.}
Nathan spray painted his lungs out. :/ The lamp got an aqua pole (used to be silver), a shelf went from brown to aqua, and a basket went from pink to yellow.
Stef came over and helped hang up Gemma's name and all those embroidery hoops. It was so nice to have leftover fabric from the bedding to use for that project! The whole idea is from Pinterest. :)
And here's the name pillow again:
Thanks for checking out Gemma's room!

11 comments:
You did AMAZING!! Looks like a magazine! It would make me so bright and happy to be in there!
So sweet and happy! I LOVE the color combo!
LOVE! Kendra and I were anxiously waiting to see the finished room, it is ADORABLE!! I love the fabrics you picked and the colors... so bright & cheery! Hope your sweet baby doll is sleeping better soon!! I told G I saw you at the banquet and the first thing he said... "awe was Nathan there? " guess we need to get together sometime soon :)
Very cute!
Love it more each time I see it!
It is the prettiest room for sure. The colors are amazing. And it isn't a combo I have seen a lot of before. Lovely job!!
Can you please tell me where you got the bedding fabric, specifically the bumper and valance one?? I am thinking of doing a red, aqua and yellow theme with the room my daughter and son will share when baby #3 joins us in September. I love the looks of this room! Great job! Also, is that particular fabric thin or a little thicker? I'm hoping for a slightly thicker one for curtains for windows. Thanks, Sharla!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors of your fabric, and I especially loved the embroidery hoops. You did a great job decorating.
Thanks, everyone!
Amy, the daisy fabric came from fabric.com back in November. I think all of this Heather Bailey fabric (Pop Garden collection) is getting harder to find. Might try etsy. That's where I had to order the blue tile fabric (crib sheet, trim on bumper and valance). I really don't know anything about fabric and sewing, but I wouldn't say the daisy fabric is particularly thick. It doesn't feel super cheap/thin though. I have some scraps left--let me know if I could mail you a little sample! :)
Sharla - wow, I wasn't expecting that! If you could mail me a little piece, I would appreciate it. I really no nothing about sewing either, although I wish I did, but my mother-in-law is a quilter and knows a lot. I'll email you my address. Thanks so much! Hope everything is going well with your little family.
Post a Comment