Saturday, June 30, 2012

June

This month went by so quickly! Some of what my girls have been up to...

SOPHIE
Sophie got to go flying with Daddy and Uncle Michael. I wasn't sure she'd really go through with it--definitely a new thing! She did just fine though, and apparently was quite comfortable with the whole experience. Yep, the girl who never takes a nap fell asleep on a noisy little airplane.
She is so sweet with Gemma. They seem to have a special understanding. :)
We've been playing with play dough recently, and Sophie made this cute cow all on her own. I loved it.
No picture, but I've been working with Sophie on writing her name correctly. Sigh. At her first year of preschool--age 3--she was taught to write her name in all caps. This made me cringe all along because I knew she'd have to unlearn that someday...and what stubborn kid wants to unlearn something as personal as writing her name. Well, the time has come, and she's working on making her S the only capital letter and the rest lowercase. Hard work, people. Quarters and candy are involved.

She likes to wear pajamas all day long. As in, she changes back into them the second we get back from somewhere.

She cries when I say we're going to Target.

TALIA
Oh, Tally girl. She challenges me every day. She knows just how to push Sophie's buttons and is the instigator of many a quarrel over toys. She also is the world's pickiest eater. She still belts out songs all day long--both real and made up. Her latest hit is "I was just a baby." Those are the only lyrics. :)

She is still afraid of many, many things. Currently fireworks are high on the list of fears. She picked out pink smoke from a fireworks tent, but later when the smoke was going off in the driveway she said, "I want to go in my home." So she did, and just watched from the window. Smoke isn't even noisy! I watched with her for awhile and tried to get her to go outside with me...said I'd hold her...she just said, "I'm not brave. But I love God." :) She calls fireworks tents "fireworks camping tents."

She enjoys peanut butter play dough made with PB, honey, and powdered sugar. She enjoys it even more with mini chocolate chips. As she ate the ducks' eyes, she told me, "It's ok. They're not hurt." She calls play dough "potato". :)
She still takes a nap (bribed with a snack). She wakes up sweaty, with her hair going every direction.

She never leaves her hair up in a ponytail.

She has a special, very high voice that she sometimes uses to talk to Gemma. She still says about her, "She's kind of a cutie."

She also likes to wear pajamas all day. (And honestly, I think having 2 kids in jammies all day contributes to me feeling tired.)

She can put on her own flip flops.

She finally got in our little plastic pool and actually liked it.

She is rotten at bedtime. :(

She is sooo loving and gives the best hugs and kisses. She loves going places, especially Cabella's.

Her favorite doll is Sophie's precious Hannah.
(OK, here the flip flops aren't on correctly, but she really can do it! Note the jammies.)

If we ask her if she wants to go sit on the potty (trying to make it sound fun and exciting), she often replies, "No thanks."

She's lucky she's so cute.



GEMMA
My Gigi! Big things for her this past month:

She spends most of the night in her crib.

She has diaper blowouts all.the.time. (Much better than having trouble in that regard, but I am doing lots of laundry!)

She goes to sleep fairly easily on her own and does this without nursing to sleep--my only baby to do this! She takes one or two 2+ hour naps and a couple cat naps every day. When she is tired, you know it! 

She sits in the exersaucer and Bumbo.

Things that aren't new, just continuing:
*Spitting up.
*Nursing a couple times during the night.
*Cooing ever so sweetly.
*Getting upset when there's no one next to her. She's a people lover and likes to be held/carried around everywhere.

Love my cuties!

3 comments:

Jenae said...

Such great pictures! We're struggling in the potty-training department as well...last week I put underwear on Noah and less than 2-minutes later they were completely soaked. He is going through SUCH a strong-willed phase that I'm beginning to think we'll be lucky if he's potty trained before kindergarten! :)

Michele said...

I am getting ready to start MW potty training...wanna send Talia over...maybe they can do it together. :) With such a new little one it is hard to make it the primary focus right now.

And my neighbor and I were just talking about the uppercase letter thing the other day. It makes sense, but then I can see how hard it would be to teach the other way, you know since I too have two very strong willed children. HA! :)

Stefanie said...

Oh, how this post made me laugh. :) Feel like I can hear little T's bird voice as she sings her new hit song!

Confession - I also love wearing my pajamas and would totally wear them in public if it was socially acceptable!

Love you!