Yesterday was a busier day than we are used to, and it was lots of fun! In the morning we drove probably as far west as I've ever been in Wichita to go to a baby shower for a friend of mine from teaching days. In fact, Jennifer was my mentor and really helped me through that first year. She has her own little sweetheart now and Sophie and I really enjoyed getting to meet baby Kate. She is a perfect angel and I loved getting to hold her. She just snuggled and slept!

After that, we came home and I thought Sophie would nap, but no such luck. So we headed to Olivia's birthday party in Whitewater feeling a little nervous about how it would go. Of course Sophie did just fine...I mean, seeing YaYa (Olivia), eating cookies, reading books with Aunt Lana, and somehow eating MORE cookies...how could she be upset? Olivia was such a cute little birthday girl and the fall decorations were adorable. We filled up on some yummy soup and watched Olivia open her presents. Gina, you did a great job with the party!
Just a sample of the decorations:

Papa John with his girls. Sophie looks weird. Olivia is telling Papa where to go next.

Olivia with a new baby doll.


Presents!! And no, Sophie wasn't up there the whole time. Most of the time she was over by me, doing this:

Eating Cookies!!

She also got a balloon

and got to read books!!
To end our day, we stopped by Julie and Ian's since we were already in Whitewater. :) I held Ori while Julie worked on their dinner and then took Sophie outside to run around. My goodness, that girl really did not want to come back in! She LOVES watching their windmill, swinging on the big porch swing, and just running down the driveway. It was cute to watch Sophie and Julie; I spied through the window and thought about how fun it is that we ourselves have gone from little girls to mommies and aunts who enjoy each other's kids!
Tomorrow Nathan has the day off work for Columbus Day and I think we are going to try to go out on a date. Hooray for holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment