Halloween was so much fun this year! I kept thinking that maybe by next year SHE will be deciding what/who she wants to be. But this time Mommy and Daddy got to pick, and we thought she would be a perfect little Dorothy. That seemed to be a popular costume this year; we saw a few other Dorothys while we were out. One teenage version featured thigh-high fishnets...blech. Never. Here's our little darling:
Sophie and I started out trick or treating with our across the street neighbors, the same ones we went to the pumpkin patch with. Daddy had to work late, so we went without him for the first part. Sophie, Drew, and Conner looked really cute! Drew was very enthusiastic about the whole deal. The first house we went to, he tried to go right inside when the lady opened the door. :)
Sophie didn't know what was going on, but she soon learned that people were going to give her candy and that it was supposed to go in her basket. I was really happy she didn't whine for candy while we were out. I did let her have Smarties on the way home because (bad mommy!) she hadn't had dinner yet. I think she had fun walking around until she got tired, then the stroller was nice. It was perfect weather for being out! It didn't feel like the end of October at all.
We ended the night by passing out some candy at our house and eating bananas (that ended up being her dinner; she didn't seem that hungry). It was great to be out with a little kid and be part of the fun again! Plus, she doesn't need all that candy, so hmmm...what to do, what to do?
1 comment:
Looks like Dorothy was swept off her feet by a handsome cowboy! :-) So precious. She was a good Dorothy and the shoes turned out great. Also, I won't mention names, but I know a certain Aunt who LOVES candy if you're having trouble knowing what to do with all her treats. Ha! Love you!
Post a Comment