Monday, June 1, 2009

First Appointment

Nathan came with me to the dr. at 10:00 this morning. We waited for about half an hour before getting called back...and then had to wait in our little room for awhile longer. I was so, so nervous and had the sweaty armpits to prove it. (Sorry, that's gross.) The PA said there was about a 50/50 shot at hearing the heartbeat at 10 weeks. She was going to do a sonogram if we couldn't find it, but then she found it right away! Though it would have been amazing to see our baby, I'm glad there was no need!

Baby's heart rate was 174. Sophie's at this time was 176. Is there another girl in our future? Sophie says there's a baby girl in mommy's tummy, but Nathan has had dreams it's a boy. We'll see later this summer!

My official due date is December 28th but since I'll have a scheduled C-section this time around, we will probably be holding our baby before Christmas!

We are just so thankful for that beautiful sound of our baby's heart and are praising God for His goodness to us.

1 comment:

Jamie and Joy George said...

Shar, that's SOO exciting!!! I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat.
Love you,
JOY