Monday, August 3, 2009

Date Night (of the Daddy-Daughter variety)

Sunday, August 2nd, 2009 marked Sophie's first movie at a movie theater. I know...seems a little silly. She's two. I didn't set foot in a theater until I was 12 (Aladdin!) But, she's free right now and Nathan really wanted to try it and see how she'd do. At first she said she didn't want to go, but once her diaper bag was filled with snacks, she was singing a different tune. :)
They went to see G-Force. She got to hold her ticket and hand it over to be torn when they walked in. Nathan told me that she asked questions about the auditorium they were in so he explained that the big screen was where their movie would be, and then she asked what the armrests were. When he said it was a place they could put their arms, she said "Oh" and promptly put her arms there. Nathan thought it looked pretty uncomfortable for her and told her she didn't have to put her arms on the armrests. Cute. He said she loved her big chair and barely weighed enough to keep it from folding on her. :)

As for the movie itself, he didn't think she would have necessarily liked it if they tried watching it at home, but she just liked being at the theater. She sat there for the whole thing, except for the last 20 minutes when she was ready to go and asked Nathan if she could sit in his lap. Apparently she ate and drank a LOT and was just fun to be there with. Nathan said she laughed at random things, clapped when a character made a speech, and said "Oh noooo" when a guinea pig fell off a ladder. Made me wish I was there, but I'm SO GLAD she gets to do fun things with just her daddy. And I'm not gonna lie...I like my alone time. :)

When we were getting her ready for bed later that night, she was telling me more about the movie and she said, "Dada said to me, 'We have to be quiet.'" So sweet! And I guess she actually did practice her whispering skills at least a little bit.

What a fun night! I think they'll be doing this kind of date again.

3 comments:

Jenae said...

So sweet! What a special time for Sophie and her daddy!

Amanda said...

glad to know she did so well, I've wondered how Taylor would do. Guess we'll have to give it a shot!

What a fun night and special night!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!What a special time for them ...nice post..thanks for sharing...
___________________
renee
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems