Sunday, December 20, 2009

little update

Tomorrow is not the day we will meet Talia (unless she finally decides to come on her own!) The C-section has been canceled and we are trying an induction. They were already full on Monday, so Tuesday is our day. I haven't felt like updating because it hasn't seemed that important with everything going on with my new little niece, but I've had a lot of people ask about tomorrow or wish me good luck, and, well, tomorrow's just a Monday. :)

But if you happen to think about it, we would appreciate prayers on Tuesday. Since I'm already a 5, I would think it should go fairly quickly. My fears are based on Sophie's delivery--an epidural that didn't work at the end and then having a 4th-degree tear. Recovery from that is apparently worse than recovering from a C-section, and it is NOT something you would want to repeat because of difficulty in repairing it again. We are certainly hoping my OB is right and this time will go much more smoothly.

There are so many emotions right now--excitement that we will soon get to meet Talia, nervousness about the delivery part, feeling sentimental when I look at Sophie and think of her not being "my baby" anymore, sadness/guilt when I think about holding my little girl at our family gathering on Christmas Day and how my sister has had to leave her little girl in the hospital...just a lot to process. Thanks for praying.

11 comments:

jen christians said...

SO many things to pray for.. Thanks for letting us know how. My prayers are with you on Tuesday. Really miss talking to you Sharla... let me know what I can do to help!

Julie said...

You just made me cry! I am SO excited for you and please take joy in your little Talia. I'm sure it will be a little hard for me, but I love you and I already love Talia and I want you to be able to enjoy every second with her.

Praying for you!

Ginger said...

Your WHOLE family has our prayers. :) I didn't realize you were at a 5 - I think that's a good sign! I will pray pray pray that all goes smoothly! :)

Unknown said...

Sharla,
I'm glad you let us know "the scoop" because I've been praying and wondering about you, too. I didn't know your tear was that bad. I'm so sorry.
Your whole family is in my prayers and sometimes I wish I could be an honorary sister as that is how I esteem you all. I asked your mom (at the PC party) if she'd be my mom! Even though things are tumultuous, you have a gracious Savior, and a dear, dear family. That trumps all.
Much love.

The Moffats said...

Praying for a safe and smooth delivery for you and baby Talia. Lots of emotions to process! We are thinking of you too! Thanks for the update.

Julie said...

I am sure things are quite overwhelming right now...so many joys and struggles. Trust the Lord that He indeed is in control of every cell in our bodies and He has your delivery already planned out. He is trust worthy and cares so much about our lives. Do your best to release the fear and just put your faith in Him. Fear is not something you want to take to the delivery room with you. I will be praying!

Kate said...

I'll be thinking about you!! Best wishes!

Kyndra said...

I'll be praying for you and your family! Congrats in advance!!!

Tyler and Gillian said...

Praying for an easy and fast delivery :) Still praying for Julie and Ian and Ori and Calla too!

BE Whitetree said...

praying for you and your baby girls!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

God bless you guys!!