Talia turned a week old yesterday. I looked at the clock frequently throughout the morning and relived the events of the 22nd. I was so happy to be home with my baby and not at the hospital having my baby!
We are definitely experiencing everything newborn--the funny sleeping sounds, the finger grasping, the zillions of diapers (including needing multiple diapers during "one little diaper change"...), the 3-hour feeding schedule, the increased laundry, the cute baby girl clothes, the first bath, that "what do we do now?" feeling and frantic rush to hush a shrill cry, and on and on it goes!
Baby T had her first doctor's appointment on Monday. She weighed 8 lb 9 oz and was 21 inches long. The doctor was happy with how she looked and said it sounded like she was doing great. He wasn't concerned that she isn't closer to her birth weight yet. We also don't have to worry about any treatment for jaundice. Sophie was just happy that she wasn't the one being checked out. She even still got stickers just for being there, so I'd say it was her favorite trip to the doctor EVER. :)
Things to remember about 1 week...
*You're already not as sleepy! We love seeing your pretty dark eyes look all around.
*You LOVE to be cuddled. Grammy dubbed you "a good candidate for a sling" so Mommy is looking into that. You already sometimes won't nap unless you're being held. We used to be able to put you down once you were asleep and you'd stay out for hours, but now you are starting to wake up as soon as or shortly after your head hits the mattress. Hmm...
*You enjoy watching and listening to your big sister.
*You sometimes take a pacifier, sometimes NOT.
*It's very tricky to change your diaper. You have a knack for giving us a little extra whenever you get cold. :)
*You have smiled in your sleep and we have each heard you do this precious little laugh. Call it gas or whatever...it's completely adorable.
*You have smiled in your sleep and we have each heard you do this precious little laugh. Call it gas or whatever...it's completely adorable.
*When we gave you your first bath at home, you actually seemed to like having your hair washed. The rest of the bath was not as much fun.
*You like it when I sing to you.
All in all, week 1 was kind of an emotional blur, but I am feeling better and better since I started taking it easier. It helps that Christmas is over!
Thanks for checking in on us and please continue to pray for our niece.
7 comments:
she's GORGEOUS!!! All that newborn stuff flies by so quickly! Sounds like Talia has the "altitude awareness" too....Logan has a mean case of the "wanting to be helds"!!
She is beautiful! Can you believe the 1st week is already over? So much fun!
oh so fun. you know the 'alert' ones are the smartest :) She is beautiful. Lo use to get us when we changed her diaper too! So annoying. Thanks for keeping us posted!
Glad you got your Christmas down that was nice of Nathan. I am with you it does just get old real fast and it is nice to have your home back!
Congratulations, Sharla! BOTH your girls are just precious and cute as can be! :) Thanks for the update and pics. So fun to see Talia and get a glimpse of your lives during this time of transition!
Hey Shar, she's so beautiful. Even though Breeson is only 7 months, it's hard to remember what it was like when he a newborn. Time flies!! Hope you're getting some sleep. :)
awww you brought back so many memories for me and I REMEMBER all the "extra" diapers during a simple diaper change.
I am glad you all are doing well and I was so excited to see that you had another post about Talia, I LOVE the pictures!!
Simply put.. She is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment