We checked in for the induction at 7:00 a.m. and everything was going by 8:00. I was at about a 5 when we started. The Pitocin didn't take long to have me in serious pain--I was actually crying. That didn't happen with Sophie's induction. My OB had said I could have the epidural anytime, but the nurse made me wait awhile because she didn't want to do it too soon. Well...we barely got it in time! I was at a 6 the last check before calling in anesthesia, and by the time they were done placing my Much Needed Pain Relief, I was at 9.5! By the way, having a student anesthesiologist do your epidural is a little scary. You might hear the real doctor say things like "Uh oh. That's not a good sign" and things about blood and needing to start over. I'm just saying--a little concerning.
I was told to start pushing at 10:35 a.m. and Talia was born at 11:13 via vacuum. :( Her heart rate had dropped (the cord was around her neck) and she needed to get out. My OB said I could have pushed her out except for her size and the way she was positioned. She weighed 9 lb 2 oz and was 20-1/2 inches long. Can't believe she was that big for being born almost a week ahead of her due date!! Giant baby! Why does this keep happening? When she pulled Talia out, my OB commented on how it was a big baby and "7-9, my fanny!" (referring to that sonogram we had the week before to estimate her weight. A little off.)
I had a 3rd-degree tear this time. Not fun, but SO much better than last time. I am already doing tons more than I was a few days after Sophie was born. My OB wanted me to stay 2 nights in the hospital, so we came home on Christmas Eve. We had a rough time at first because Talia was extremely fussy. She was ready for full meals so we had to do some supplementing with formula--never in my original plan. I was getting really scared and thinking my plans of nursing her were out the window. Things are better now. She's a sweetheart and we are totally in love with her. Sophie has been amazing so far. She is very gentle and loving with Talia and has been sleeping well in spite of those middle-of-the-night shrill baby cries!
Now for pics!
The last belly pic--at the BirthCare Center
She's here!!!
Sisters :)

BEAUTIFUL!
10 comments:
oh thanks for posting! I was dying to hear, but know how exhausted you must be! We had to do the supplementing too b/c Lo was so stinkin' hungry and after that she finally slept! She is so beautiful! Glad you are recovering well! Get some rest! Let me know if you need anything!
So glad to hear that you and Talia are doing well! I know it is so hard at first, but yes - definitely worth it all. Wow - she was big! You are such a trooper Sharla. Good work!!!
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! I am so glad that Sophie is adjusting well. We play a "white noise" cd in Caleb's CD player at night and during naps so he doesn't wake up (he is a REALLY light sleeper...especially during nap time). Can't wait to meet her!
Oh my! Congrats Sharla!! I'm so glad she is here and you BOTH are safe and sound!! <3
she is BIG!!! way to go sharla. you did it!
what a blessing.
she is beautiful.
so I'm guessing you won't be going with any of those sonogram predictions anymore! OH MY!
She is beautiful and I'm glad to hear it at least went better than your first!
Hope you are all adjusting okay!
Congrats, Sharla! I'm glad everything went well! She is so beautiful.... I've been dying to hear how things went for you!
Thanks for posting...
Sharla! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and was hoping you'd have 100% good things to say about having 2 children. ;-)
A student tried my epidural too and I was a sinner and cussed and made the real doctor do it...the students can try on a orange or pickle or something.
GOOD, GOOD job, super momma!
Blessings in your new journey.
p.s. you got a comment from MEG DUERKSEN! I'm jealous.
She is beautiful! Congrats to all of you! Sophie looks like a precious big sister!
Post a Comment