Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why Yes, I'll Take Another Helping of "Busy", Please.

This is one neglected little blog. But there are reasons. We've enjoyed everything from faraway relatives in town to another Theme Day to fishing to having a garage sale to me starting another home business. I felt like my plate was pretty full already, but yep, I'm taking on a little more!
I feel like how Sophie looks trying to hold Talia...quite an undertaking, but well worth it! :)

First up: Fishing

Nathan's parents gave Sophie her own princess fishing pole and a cute little tackle box (which she calls her "fishing tools") for her birthday. A couple weeks ago we tried fishing at our little neighborhood pond. No luck with actually catching anything, but Sophie was a good listener and tried really hard! It was a nice evening to be out.Talia was happy just being outside.
She's a keeper.

Next up: Relatives/Theme Day

The last week of May, we had such a good time with relatives from MN and Washington, DC and are so thankful they made the trip! Julie and I planned Flower Day, our latest theme day, to coincide with their visit and were able to enjoy Botanica together and do other flower-related activities. Can't say it all went exactly as planned, but still a great time. :)


Flowery lunch for the kids. Grown-ups had chicken salad on croissants (YUM) and some side dishes. Tastes-even-better-than-it-looks dirt cake for everyone's dessert!

We read a cute book called "Grow, Flower, Grow!" about a silly little girl who tries to make her flower grow by feeding it all kinds of crazy food like spaghetti and chocolate chip cookies. She finally gets frustrated and throws the flower pot out the door, where it finally gets the sunshine and rain it needs to grow. H & Sophie were thoroughly entertained and wanted multiple readings. Thanks, L, for helping out! :)We went to Botanica for a little field trip. It was so insanely hot. We didn't see everything. But that was ok. Everyone may have stopped for iced coffee or slushes afterwards. :) Here is my mom (with the fountain head...I am not a photographer) and her sisters.
Botanica was both beautiful
and overflowing with cuteness.
The project part of Flower Day was the painting of little terra cotta pots and planting flowers in them. This activity carried over into the next day. I don't really have good pictures from all of this. Let's just say...the kiddos may have been a little young for this, it was HOT, and there were mixed reactions to the final product:

We also spent some time shopping. It's so much fun to be a girl. :)The garage sale wasn't fun but it was necessary. We'd never had one before and I didn't realize how much work they are! We spent so many evenings going through lovely boxes and tubs from the basement. We got rid of a lot of stuff and have more space though.
And to wrap up this post (which has been three days in the making) my new business is Scentsy. Scentsy is awesome. If you've never heard of it, they have ceramic warmers with light bulbs that melt highly fragrant wax. Wickless candles--no flame, no smoke. They are safe, pretty, and I love all the choices they offer! I never thought I'd take on a job where I have to leave home, especially not anything involving sales, but I saw how quick, simple, and fun the parties are, plus I already loved the products and there is a low start-up cost, so I was in! If you want to see what Scentsy has to offer, check out my website at http://www.sharlab.scentsy.us/
I can't believe it's the middle of June and we still haven't been swimming. Just some sprinkler action. We need to get busy! Busier, I mean. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Mochadoodle scent! New favorite. You are a great Scentsy lady and juggler of many hats!

Rachel said...

It does seem like you guys have been busy! Those fun theme days are things your kiddos are going to remember and that is a great thing!

Rachel said...

I loved all your pictures! And it's nice to hear Sophie asks why (not) all the time too! I'm excited for that stage to be over. And then I'll probably reminisce about how sweet it was when she asked! It was so fun seeing you on Sat. too! I can't wait for my exciting new scentsy candles!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Sounds like you are BUSY! I love seeing the pictures. The girls are SO cute!