Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas

Rundown of Christmas season 2010...


For most of December, it seemed like someone in our family was sick with something. Really frustrating but we still managed to make it to all the fun gatherings, and we did plenty of activities here at home to get ready for Christmas. Sophie loved decorating, but her favorite thing this year was probably the Advent cones which I totally copied from the blog Eighteen25. Everyday she'd get to come downstairs, lift up the right cone, and see what was underneath. Usually there was a little note telling her to look somewhere for a small gift or letting her know what fun thing we were going to do that day. We drank hot chocolate together, baked cookies, made gifts for people, wrote a letter to Santa, read Christmas books, made ornaments, etc. Hopefully those cones will survive a year in storage and we can just use them again next Christmas!


The evening of the 15th was Sophie's preschool Christmas program. I wish I had pictures from that, but Sophie actually wasn't feeling that well and it wasn't as much fun as it should have been. :( We were so happy that Grams and Papa John, Gina and Olivia, and Ian, Julie, Ori, and Calla came to watch our girl though!

Sweet little Talia turned 1 on December 22nd. We'd already had her party with cousin Calla, but we decided to also bring cupcakes to Pizza Hut since we were having dinner with relatives on Talia's actual birthday. Baby girl did not have a problem with that.

On the 23rd we had our first Christmas with Nathan's side of the family. Soph is so excited about her princess bike! It was also a very exciting night for me because I got an iPad for my 30th birthday from my husband and his family. LOVE IT!

On Christmas Eve we just had our little family Christmas.

Again, Sophie was thrilled with her presents. It bugs me that Santa was getting so much credit... ;) Talia really just likes to sit on boxes and put things in her mouth. She is not quite as nurturing as Sophie was at this age.

Sophie gave me a big bottle of Fiji water for Christmas. I love it. Nathan said he asked her what she wanted to give me, and she picked water and wouldn't budge from her choice. She knows I love bottled water, and she picked the prettiest bottle she could find.

Playing with toys...

December 25th--my 30th birthday and Christmas with my side of the family.

Talia had a fever that day and was either sleepy and cuddly or fussy and feisty. We had a great time even though we didn't spend the night at my parents' house like everyone else did.
My mama's table looked so pretty!

December 26th--Puking Talia. I ran away to shop after-Christmas sales with my mom and sister. :)

December 29th--Christmas with Nathan's grandparents and family.

December 30th--Christmas with my grandparents and family.

December 31st--New Year's Eve parties with family. We ate a lot, played some games, and watched some TV.



Now we are tired.

Our Christmas decor is packed up and I'm ready to get my baby back on somewhat of a schedule. We had so many late nights! She is having trouble at night with coughing/crying. I'm glad she gets to see her dr. tomorrow for her 1-year checkup. We'll get her stats then and I'm sure she'll be even happier after shots. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that 2011 is off to a great start!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun busy time! Santa gets all the credit from Kate too. Hope you have a restful, healthy January!

Amy said...

At our house, Santa only brings 1 or 2 gifts. We don't wrap those and just have them sitting out. I'm happy to say my Sophie's favorite gifts this year were from US, not her Santa gift! :)