Sunday, January 1, 2012

there she goes.

Goodbye, 2011.

There was a big surprise (baby!), a loss (miscarriage at 11 weeks), the beginning of a journey (sister's family adopting internationally), a job blessing (Nathan's promotion), a personal triumph (ditched the antidepressant!), a wedding (my little brother's), an answered prayer and hope reborn (pregnant again!), vacation with my family (Branson), growing up (Sophie in preK at a new school), exhaustion (I went through two 1st trimesters in 2011), grief resurfaced (November was tough emotionally--angel baby would have been born around 11/15), a gender reveal (found out baby #3 is our third daughter!), and togetherness (love being with family at holidays).

And now we're in a new year. I'm a new age--my 31st birthday was last Sunday. There are lots of changes ahead!! Some things have me a little stressed out:
*throwing away Talia's beloved binkies
*moving Talia into Sophie's room and making all their stuff fit!
*choosing a name for our baby
*not working for awhile after the baby is born--I have no paid time off from my two self-employed jobs
*wondering if postpartum depression will rear its ugly head once again
*deciding where Sophie should go for Kindergarten (gulp)

BUT...I'm so thrilled about welcoming our baby girl into our family in April. I'm hoping and praying my sister and her family are able to go to China this year and bring home their newest family member, whoever he/she is. 2011 had many painful days, but through it all we were still so blessed. I'm glad we can look forward to 2012 with hope.


Lamentations 3: 22-24
The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for making me cry. I love you a lot. Can't wait to meet my newest niece. The end.

Michele said...

May this year be better than the last. I think 2011 was a nutty year. And happy belated birthday! I totally spaced it!!