Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sophie's Lalaloopsy Party

Last weekend we celebrated Sophie's fifth birthday with a Lalaloopsy party. It seemed kind of overwhelming with everything going on, but Nathan and my sister were oh so helpful, and the party turned out "wonderful" according to the birthday girl. :)

INVITATIONS:
These were fancy-pants invitations made by Nathan. He had the idea for DVD invites. There was an elaborate setup with lots of mini Lalaloopsy dolls, and then he recorded Sophie giving all the party details. This resulted in the addition of a Blooper reel. :) It's really cute. Love the pink button label on the DVD!
DECORATIONS:
Simple. Paper lanterns from MOPS (that would have been thrown away) and a "banner" of sorts. Sophie helped color, which was nice. :)


A party necessity: Scentsy Cupcake warmer with the Happy Birthday scent. :)

FOOD
As seen below, an AWESOME cake! Julie made Sophie a three-layer chocolate cake with adorable fondant buttons.

I made peanut butter button cookies. Sophie had fun helping poke the holes with a straw.
More pics of the table.

A fun touch was the glass bottles and paper straws. Guests could choose milk, strawberry lemonade, or water. Yep, two girls just wanted water! :)
ACTIVITIES:
The girls designed their own Lalaloopsy dolls. Julie was such a big help during this. Thanks for cutting lots of fabric shirts and skirts, Julie!
The girls (and sweet Ori!) also enjoyed playing outside and jumping in the bouncy house (passed on to us by my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Jim--so awesome).
Julie helped supervise while Nathan and I worked on other things and took care of Gemma, who refused to sleep during the party. Sigh.
{Talia + markers = No Good. That's why one side of her face is red.}

The kiddos loved the cake and cookies.


And they left with colorful boxes of goodies. We're glad Sophie has such sweet friends and cousins to play and celebrate with!
Thanks, Julie, for making the barrettes!

Sophie Girl, I love you and am thankful for another year with you! You make us proud! Happy 5th Birthday!

3 comments:

Amy said...

This is super cute, Sharla!! So impressed you were able to pull off a party like this with a newborn! (a fussy newborn, especially!) I hope that things continue to improve with Gemma. Thinking of you! :)

Cindy said...

Adorable! Thanks for the pictures.

Natalie said...

Precious!! I love your parties and wow you are super mom!! Thinking of you too, I know I am a little ways away but if you ever just need a day the girls can come play with Lillie, T & Z, they come over to play all the time and we have popsicles and maybe a pool soon, ha!