Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gemma {1 month-ish}


OK, so I didn't do well at all with organizing pics so I'd know exactly when I took them. I didn't write down when she did certain things...lucky for me, she isn't doing a whole lot just yet. :) I'm just squeezing this post in before she turns 2 months old soon. From her first several weeks, I will definitely remember lots and lots of appointments. Glad we have moved on from that! Other memorable things:
*Flew through newborn and size 1 diapers! I especially couldn't believe how fast she outgrew the 1s! She went from 7 lb 14 oz (after leaving hospital) to 11 lb 3 oz (at her 1-month checkup). Crazy!!
*We have terrible sleep habits we will need to break someday soon. Gemma revolted against the bassinet right away and would only sleep in the bouncy seat or in someone's arms or in our bed. Once colic was confirmed, it made sense that she didn't want to sleep flat on her back. She now naps on her own better, but it's still in our bed as it's comfy and also the quietest room. Sophie and Talia tend to make it difficult for her to drift off and stay asleep. A sudden piercing shriek is hard to ignore. :(
*Will now take a binky.
*Now likes to be swaddled most of the time for sleeping.
*Still does her famous mad face every once in a while, and then is imitated by her sisters and father. I'm the only one with sympathy for the poor baby.

*Does well in her car seat.
*Acts stressed out/overstimulated by her big sisters sometimes. But they are completely obsessed with her and are always so excited to see her! Every morning, Talia comes up to give her a hug and kiss and tells me, "She's kind of a cutie." Sophie likes to hold her and can be a big help with running to fetch burp cloths, sticking her binky back in, and reading books to her.


*Gave her momma her first smile. :) It was the first weekend in May, and I had just told her she was beautiful. Now we're seeing lots of smiles and I've just very recently been able to get them on camera.



*She is the only one of our babies to have any kind of skin problems. Sophie and Talia have been concerned about the bumps on her chin, cheeks, and forehead, so I explained they were just little pimples. Now Talia asks people, "Do you have any pimples?" Niiiice.
*As of last night, she's had a bottle and I was told she did well with it! (My mom watched her while we went out for an anniversary date!)
*Has accumulated a collection of nicknames: G, Gigi, Gemmers, Gemmerson, GemKate, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting.
*She has found her voice! Her little coos are irresistibly cute. You will coo right back at her.
Oh how her daddy loves her!

And she loves him right back!

*Recently she got to meet her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Kurr. We got some cute pics with Great Grandma.


We love you, Gemmers! So excited to see how you grow and change in the next month!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think she has her daddy's eyes!

Michele said...

i think she looks just like her daddy in that side by side.
Hang in there, it does get better, not always sooner, but eventually. Micah use to rotate b/w my bed, the swing and the bassinet and you just do what gets momma her rest. :) So glad you got out for a bit, you need those breaks. Hope the colic eases up!!!

Anonymous said...

I think she has her mom's eyes. I've never seen a baby with such blue eyes.