Wednesday, March 4, 2009

career aspiration

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on the floor talking to my mom on the phone when Sophie started bopping me on the nose. I told her to stop because it hurt mama. Then she went over and got the empty spice container I'd given her to keep in her play kitchen and proceeded to shake its imaginary contents over my nose. Then she patted it and said, "All better."

I said, "Oh, are you Dr. Sophie?"

"No!"

"Are you Dr. Nichols?" (her pediatrician)

"No!"

She was starting to sound irritated so I was in the middle of trying to say, "OK, you can just be Sophie" when she declared,

"I Dr. Seuss!!!"

Never thought of him that way! :) We had never even talked about him until we went to the Dr. Seuss birthday party at Barnes and Noble on Monday. I guess she really liked the crazy hat-making and the cake and the sample-sized (no coffee) vanilla bean frappuccinos...

No comments: