From Tuesday:
Sophie didn't exactly wave her wand and make dinner magically appear, but the fact that she was happily busy while I made peanut butter cake bars and cheesy potato soup was extremely helpful! Here she is!
We'll leave you with the recipe that has caused me much grief lately. Or maybe our dryer is suddenly shrinking my jeans? Whatever the case may be, make them and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cake Bars
2/3 c. butter, softened (10-2/3 Tablespoons--right?)
2/3 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. chocolate chips
In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 9x13" pan and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes (I would say check at 35-40 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
7 comments:
1. Super cute pic's! I wish I could hear her say "I Happy"!! :)
2. I may have to try that recipe - although it does sound sinful. Mmmm!!
love the pics!!! so cute!
I'm trying that recipe today. My little Sophie needs to come make my kitchen "happy". grammy
I wish I had the time to bake things. I'm looking forward to the day when my little toddler plays around at my feet while I make dinner. Right now it's just Dexter... :) I really enjoy reading your blog!
She is SOOO cute. I cannot believe she will soon be two. We NEED to get together for coffee SOON. Call me!
Jen
How much flour? :)
Thanks, anonymous, whoever you are! Fixed it.
Post a Comment