Saturday, March 28, 2009

change of pace

I usually go somewhere every day. Staying in with Sophie for an entire morning, afternoon, and evening is too much for me. But with this weather, there have been no trips to the library, no outings to the zoo, no runs to Target, not even going outside to play. Friday consisted of many, many activities including glue and Play-Doh and crayons and Memory cards and books and pretend birthday cake. Sophie's first collage...of sorts. :)
Mercy.

A day and a half of stuff like this, and I had major cabin fever. Thankfully, the wind calmed down and it stopped snowing so that we could take Sophie outside for awhile this afternoon. We all needed it after a terrible morning of a certain little girl screaming for no apparent reason. I had to go down to the basement and dig through a few tubs to find her winter gear since it had been packed away already. Tricky, tricky March. You got me.

A mini snowman in the works.

Nathan had fun throwing snowballs at me--under promise of severe pain if he would hit my camera--and finding icicles.

He was not too successful in teaching Sophie to make a snow angel.Our cutie pie snow baby. The getting up picture makes me laugh.To make going inside easier, we told Sophie we would make hot chocolate. She'd never had it before. She loved it, even though hers was actually lukewarm hot chocolate. Gross. The evening was further sweetened with cookies.
To sum it all up, in the words of Sophie, "We had good snow. I yike make cookies." And now to go eat some of those cookies and watch a movie with my husband. Happy snowy weekend!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Last weekend, I had planned to pack up Kate's winter clothes, but ran out of time. Lucky me!

You would go stir crazy at my house! We (Kate and I) rarely leave home. Once a week to go to the store, outside to visit neighbors,...that's about it. I bet that will change as she gets older, though.

Julie said...

The snow angel picture makes me laugh. Just a little awkward, Sophie, but you'll get it! :-) Looks like you enjoyed the snowy day. We had fun too . . . but we didn't get to play in the snow. Love you!