Saturday, March 7, 2009

03/07/82

The day my little sister was born. 27 years ago. Wow! I was 15 months old then; I don't remember anything about it. I wish I had some of those old pictures on this computer. Everyone asked my mom if we were twins, even though I was obviously taller. Well, those days are over. Now Julie is the taller one and though the family resemblance is there, we don't look like twins!

Christmas 2008

Summer 2004 when I was blonde, too. I had just gotten married in May and this is at Julie's bridal shower at church before her August wedding.This is the only childhood picture I have of Julie. I have no idea why it's on my computer. But I love it! Don't you?

Julie and I grew up sharing a room and trading clothes. She would always want to talk when we were supposed to be sleeping. We played with Barbies, dolls, and paper dolls for years. Probably longer than was "cool." I will admit I was a bossy big sister. I would tell her that she had to let me do her dolls' hair because I was a hairstylist. "If you had a hairstylist living in your house, wouldn't you want her to do your kids' hair?" The logic is outstanding, but poor Julie really wanted to brush her own dolls' hair! Julie has always been a sweetheart. She used to stay with me when I was all alone at the dinner table...peas still on my plate. She even ate them for me so I could get up (and I didn't even ask/tell her to do that!) Thanks, sis. Besides, payback came when she was the star of the family with her long white blonde hair and sky blue eyes--Barbie, Claudia Schiffer, Gwyneth Paltrow, she was seriously compared to all of those--and her talented flute playing. Um, yeah, I had a bad perm, glasses, acne, and very crooked teeth. She's always been dramatic and transparent with her feelings. Our family is always entertained! She loooooves to laugh:

Here's a hint of drama. :)

Julie, I love that you are my sister. I love your heart for God and the way you pour yourself into your commitments in your life. You're an AWESOME wife, mommy, friend, and teacher. Every student you teach, every friend you spend time with, and every family member we share is extremely blessed to have you in his or her life. Happy birthday!

p.s. This totally counts as your card.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Shar - This was fun to read. You had told me about the peas recently, but I wasn't aware of the Barbie hair. Thanks for some fun memories!

Amanda said...

So sweet! I wish I could know you both more. Awesome halloween pic...I'm sure she'll love that! I totally needed Julie for all my nights sitting at the table not eating my peas too!

Unknown said...

This is like the best post ever. And I agree, Julie is wonderful and we're all so lucky to have her in our lives.
BTW, my sis Megan is 15 months older than I, and p/ple thought we were twins, too!