Yep, that's me! It would appear I have "shopping" and "pacifiers--or lack thereof" on my mind recently. And I'm going to write about both of them again. :)
First, shopping. I mentioned in my last post that I had some great coupons to use. One of those coupons was from a website I found out about from my sister. It's called Money Saving Mom and if you don't check it already, I would recommend trying it. It can be hit or miss, but you can find good deals. She had a coupon for Bath and Body Works where you could get a free spa item (worth up to $6) with any purchase. I did this at two different stores and each time just bought a $1 lotion, then got the free spa item.
The other shopping I've done lately was with a 30% off coupon good at Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. It even worked on stuff already on sale, so I got some good basic, solid-colored Ts for $3.50 (which look really cute jazzed up with necklaces!) and this fun dress for $10.50. I also had 20% off at Famous Footwear and got two great pairs of shoes from the clearance section. The total for both pairs was $20!!! I'm excited about spring and summer now!
One of the zillions of blogs I read is called Kelly's Korner and she had a post last week on what she called Recession Fashion where she showed things for under $30. This stuff would have fit right in! Other people linked with deals they have found or ideas they have for updating your wardrobe on the cheap. Fun to look at!
Maybe I'm doing some retail therapy to help keep my sanity while Sophie is adjusting to life without binkies. We took them away on Wednesday--bagged them up for the little babies and gave her new toys which she LOVES.
Things still aren't pretty. She used to sleep 11 hours at night and then take, on average, a 2 hour nap every afternoon. Nights have become 9 hours, and naps are iffy. She's missing out on a lot of sleep! We're trying to get her to find comfort in her blanket and her bunny but they just aren't the same, apparently. It's so hard to listen to her cry and know that she's sad because something she's had her whole life is just gone. Her first "new normal."
Over the weekend she was allowed to lay on the living room floor and fall asleep out there while watching a video. Yep, never thought I'd do that! She'd skipped a couple naps and just needed SLEEP, no matter what. Today I went back to trying to get her to nap in her bed. She cried off and on for an hour and then finally conked out for 40 minutes. It didn't even seem worth it. It's just crazy that missing out on this afternoon sleep doesn't make her sleep better at night. What do we do? I've tried rocking her, talking to her, praying with her, surprising her with a treat the one time she did wake up from napping like a big girl...
As you can see, she only likes Oreos for the filling!
I knew this would be hard, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so bad. She doesn't look like herself. Her face and lips are chapped from crying, her eyes aren't bright anymore...we could use help again! Anything to do besides just tough it out?
4 comments:
Cute new stuff! I need to lose about 20 more lbs before I allow myself to buy anything. :-) I hope that I can get 20 more off soon! I need new clothes.. I am feeling frumpy. Call me soon!
Again, I have no advice. Sorry! I am weak. I would so want to just give her back the binkies. With Zach, his mom did away with night time binkie first. He still got to nap with one for a couple of months before he had to give it up. He took really long naps at first to make up for the lack of night time sleep!
CUTE DRESS! Oh, to be skinny...
I love Money Saving Mom!
This is funny - my Sophie has the same bunny that I see your Sophie holding in the picture. Only my Sophie's looks a lot more worn - it's her "lovey" and she can't sleep without it.
Hannah went through the same thing with the pacifier at about the same age. That's why Sophia has a bunny instead of a pacifier! Unfortunately, I have no magic tricks to share. With Hannah it was just a long, hard process (as all change seems to be with her). BUT, the good news is that it DOES get better! I promise she'll get used to it, and eventually this will all be a memory. It will probably get better slowly, as opposed to an overnight change. Celebrate every little victory to help yourself get through it! Need a play date to help? We'd love to get together!
No advice for you on Sophie, sorry. But I love your new dress and shoes! Thanks for sharing the info about that website. I'll have to check it out! Looking forward to Saturday!
Post a Comment