Tuesday, March 24, 2009

don't want to forget.

No pictures. Just some things Sophie said tonight while we were singing before bed; some things I want to remember for a long, long time.

Our 2 songs: Jesus Loves Me and You Are My Sunshine. The last couple nights she has announced "I want to sing!" and she belts the songs out along with me. Tonight she kept repeating the line "the Bible tells me so." So I started telling her more about the Bible--how it is the book God wrote for us and it tells us what we need to know about Jesus.

She said, "That's good news!"

It sure is.

Also, the last few nights she has wanted to pray. It's basically "Dear Jesus, amen." :) But I've asked her if she wants me to pray for someone and every time it's been "Yep. Een." Uncle Ian. So, Uncle Ian, we've been praying that you are able to get all your work done, that you have happy days, and that God will help you as you are a good husband and daddy.

My baby has a beautiful heart.

7 comments:

jen christians said...

Aww sweet Sophie.. She has her momma's heart!

Amanda said...

so so cute!

If it weren't for blogging I'd never get these kinds of memories recorded!

Michele said...

It is such a beautiful thing when children discover Jesus! I can't wait until my daughter does. They have such a pure innocence about it.

Anonymous said...

Sophie is such a cute! I loved how she said "That's good news!" I hope to get to spend more time with her and you soon. :) I really like reading your blog, Shar. Great writer, and you put some comedy into your writing too.

Kyndra said...

You have to cherish the sweet innocent prayers of a child. Both of my kids have been saying bedtime prayers since they could talk and some of the things they pray for amaze and humble me! You have such a sweet little girl. Children's attitudes are often little clones of their parents... You guys are obviously doing a great job!

Julie said...

I love that Sophie prays for "Een." Makes my heart happy. Very sweet post.

Jennifer said...

So sweet! Zach calls the Bible "the church book". I have to admit that I have spent a lot more time reading "the church book" since Kate was born. Even more since Cora went to be with Jesus.